Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    For anyone who has flashed the touchpanel of a factory Android GO so it will work in webOS, there's no going back to Android on the device without that file. There are a lot of people looking for it.

If you are lucky enough to find it, please let me know via PM.

Thanks,
    TTB
    I don't know who has it, lemanho say the file "andriod_firmware.hex ",I think he should have it, But I'm not sure
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    For anyone who has flashed the touchpanel of a factory Android GO so it will work in webOS, there's no going back to Android on the device without that file. There are a lot of people looking for it.

If you are lucky enough to find it, please let me know via PM.

Thanks,
    TTB
    lol...now you're scaring me... If someone is able to get a ROM dump, is that file inside? if it's not inside then there is another hurdle for those converting from android to Webos.

On another front, seems my Opal EVT (the second one with the fake SDslot) does not seem to have the 3G working, maybe it's my sim card / (incompatible networks?) or maybe it's the android driver? I've to look at this again..
    Could be your APN settings as well!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Could be your APN settings as well!

HI herrie,

not to sure about the APN aspect. I received 2 different models, the former model, accepted my SIM card without any modifications and I could surf after turning off aeroplane. It seems the other device either has a different baseband? , or maybe like you said requires APN.

might end up keeping hte former, no time to go fiddle with the other...
    Should have my own Go's today as well waiting for me in the office :-)

Last edited by Herrie; 11/04/2013 at 01:36 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    OK got my Go's all look pretty much like brand new, but none of them turn on currently (empty batteries it seems). Just put them on the charger and now the led of the home button is blinking. I guess I need to be a bit patient before they will get enough power and power up? Or anything else I need to do?

[edit]
    OK first one seems to have booted into Android 2.2.1 now. Will try the others later when this battery is fully charged
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/04/2013 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    lol...now you're scaring me... If someone is able to get a ROM dump, is that file inside? if it's not inside then there is another hurdle for those converting from android to Webos.

On another front, seems my Opal EVT (the second one with the fake SDslot) does not seem to have the 3G working, maybe it's my sim card / (incompatible networks?) or maybe it's the android driver? I've to look at this again..
    That you see,this is the android files,but it's not have the "andriod_firmware.hex "
    partition.bin
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn
    APQ.bin
    emmc_appsboot.mbn
    boot.img
    system.img.ext4
    userdata.img.ext4
    a6_opalRear_v2.13.10_r433166.txt
    a6_opalFront_v2.7.10_r433168.txt
    OK got my Go's all look pretty much like brand new, but none of them turn on currently (empty batteries it seems). Just put them on the charger and now the led of the home button is blinking. I guess I need to be a bit patient before they will get enough power and power up? Or anything else I need to do?

[edit]
    OK first one seems to have booted into Android 2.2.1 now. Will try the others later when this battery is fully charged
    Seems u have a similar model to mine lol.....just that mine has some casing defects but its OK. U planning to convert to webos?
    Seems u have a similar model to mine lol.....just that mine has some casing defects but its OK. U planning to convert to webos?
    Got 2 with 2.2.1 it seems and should have 1 with webOS but didn't charge and power it up yet. Will try to get a backup from Android first before attempting to flash webOS. What tool is best to root 2.2.1 for doing a NAND backup?

TP Go 1 - FB398UA-EVT3 (case around USB port is broken, has a few scratches and dents but seems to be working OK (didn't test with sim yet)):
    Android 2.2.1, kernel 2.6.35.7, Build Number: topaz-DB-2011-03-25_06-01-10-910
    CPU: APQ8060 1.5Ghz
    eMMC: 32G Sandisk
    LPDDR2: 1GB Samsung
    TI A6: v3.7
    NXP NFC IC
    Sierra LTE module MC7700
    Antenna: Amphenol
    TP with SZLens glass
    Case: don't care cosmetic
    PCB Vendor: Unitech

TP Go 2 - FB386UA-EVT4 (Has a few scratches and dents but seems to be working OK, screen is not always responsive, could be I need to recalibrate somehow (didn't test with sim yet)):
    Android 2.2.1, kernel 2.6.35.7, Build Number: topaz-DB-2011-03-17_17-38-09-865
    CPU: APQ8060 (64MB) Rev 2 1.5Ghz
    eMMC: 64G Toshiba 4.4 (32nm)
    NFC IC: NXP
    PCB: UMT
    Proximity Sensor
    TP with SZLens glass
    Ericsson 3G module (/361 CS)
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by fengshutao View Post
    I have a touchpad go,and I have android rom for Go, I flash it from webos to android,but the Touch panel cannot work,can you give me the file "andriod_firmware.hex " I think it must be work! Thank you very much!
    I don't have andriod_firmware.hex. I just got some HP Go inside documents and showing some process to flash Go device. Try to find ex-HP (palm) engineers who worked in Shanghai city...........

I had fixed some broken or problem Go devices. There are two kinds of touch-panel control board tma 375 and tma 395...Not sure your Go device.
    Last edited by lemanho; 11/04/2013 at 06:46 AM.
  11.    #91  
    Got 2 with 2.2.1 it seems and should have 1 with webOS but didn't charge and power it up yet. Will try to get a backup from Android first before attempting to flash webOS. What tool is best to root 2.2.1 for doing a NAND backup?

TP Go 1 - FB398UA-EVT3 (case around USB port is broken, has a few scratches and dents but seems to be working OK (didn't test with sim yet)):
    Android 2.2.1, kernel 2.6.35.7, Build Number: topaz-DB-2011-03-25_06-01-10-910
    CPU: APQ8060 1.5Ghz
    eMMC: 32G Sandisk
    NXP NFC IC
    Sierra LTE module MC7700
    TP with SZLens glass
    PCB Vendor: Unitech

TP Go 2 - FB386UA-EVT4 (Has a few scratches and dents but seems to be working OK, screen is not always responsive, could be I need to recalibrate somehow (didn't test with sim yet)):
    Android 2.2.1, kernel 2.6.35.7, Build Number: topaz-DB-2011-03-17_17-38-09-865
    CPU: APQ8060 (64MB) Rev 2 1.5Ghz
    eMMC: 64G Toshiba 4.4 (32nm)
    NFC IC: NXP
    PCB: UMT
    Proximity Sensor
    TP with SZLens glass
    Ericsson 3G module (/361 CS)
    Wow...TP GO 2 is 64G 3G andriod 2.2.1. And I saw a Go with 64G 3G andriod 2.3.3 in somewhere....
    wow 64 gb.... I am tempted.... but unless we can get it running cm10 or webos proper. ..anyway on the fence but I might jump seeing the model
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Wow...TP GO 2 is 64G 3G andriod 2.2.1. And I saw a Go with 64G 3G andriod 2.3.3 in somewhere....
    Yes Screen has some issues with touch which I can hopefully solve using calibration. They all seem to have a SD slot, but no connectors as it seems. Will test this later today when I'm at home.

I noticed many TP Go's on TaoBao today. 1 guy has a picture with 10 of them!

I cannot understand that HP never released the Go. This could be a great hit back in 2011 because there were no proper 7" tablets at that time. It's many times better compared to their cheap 7" tablets they sell with Android now!

Damn you Leo!
    wow 64 gb.... I am tempted.... but unless we can get it running cm10 or webos proper. ..anyway on the fence but I might jump seeing the model
    There's another one on TaoBao now it seems but price is a bit more expensive!
    There's another one on TaoBao now it seems but price is a bit more expensive!
    guess they read webosnations lol

if only we have the proper tools to webosdefy them... wonder folks here would want a mass order lol
    guess they read webosnations lol

if only we have the proper tools to webosdefy them... wonder folks here would want a mass order lol
    To get webOS seems OK to do with NDI or Doctor it seems. The token seems a bit tricky but for the rest it seems fine. Going back to Android seems more problematic, but I don't care too much since we have ACL
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/04/2013 at 07:26 AM.
    I don't have andriod_firmware.hex. I just got some HP Go inside documents and showing some process to flash Go device. Try to find ex-HP (palm) engineers who worked in Shanghai city...........

I had fixed some broken or problem Go devices. There are two kinds of touch-panel control board tma 375 and tma 395...Not sure your Go device.
    My Go is the DVT version. I think it must be tma 395
    Third one seems to have Android as well and from what I can tell it's a 16GB version with Ericsson card. Android 2.3.3, kernel 2.6.35.7+, Build Number msm8660_topaz_eng 2.3.3 BUILD_ID 1155 test-keys.

Baseband R2A07(R2A07)
    Seems like I might be wrong, looks like only sticker was 64GB, Android shows 12GB or so free and I checked module and they all have Ericsson... Well Android version sucks, so I will pull backup and install webOS to see what it really is.... Seems like they did that with the other one as well. IMEI and serial on the sticker don't match the ones inside....
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/04/2013 at 10:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Herrie, perhaps you should act as my agent for another 64 GB TouchPad Go ;-)