Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Leman Ho yes, same build I think if i remember correctly. So now to move it to webos...I am still wondering whether i have all the software for it now..
    funny this morning, the device could not turn on.. but the button would light up when i press. If i recall, android early version have problem with waking up..need to do a battery pull. Is there any reset button on the Go? or maybe during the night..the battery was drained by a 2.3.3 standby problem..will do some research again.
    Had to work - so left this thing at home, maybe weekend i will do something about it
    anyone encounter this.. lol

The second device is the Opal version ..with SD slot, Sim slot and the orange ribbon on the side.. have not tried the SIM slot to see if it works.. will do that when I'm back home..
    All andriod version of Touchpad or Touchpad Go can not turn off device. Turn off means reboot the device. So I think go battery have problem if charging all the night can not turn the device. Remember there are" question mark" problem for Go device too. If see question mark on Go's screen. I will replace the other battery immediately. (Because the mainbord of battery was locked in this device. Can put it the other device to charge again).
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    All andriod version of Touchpad or Touchpad Go can not turn off device. Turn off means reboot the device. So I think go battery have problem if charging all the night can not turn the device. Remember there are" question mark" problem for Go device too. If see question mark on Go's screen. I will replace the other battery immediately. (Because the mainbord of battery was locked in this device. Can put it the other device to charge again).
    So u are suggesting that for the TP go which has problems restarting, to remove battery and swap with the other device? and then recharge again?
  3.    #63  
    So u are suggesting that for the TP go which has problems restarting, to remove battery and swap with the other device? and then recharge again?
    Yes. If you have two Go devices and two batteries. Can compare which device problem or battery problem..
    Great... If want to flash Go andriod version to Webos . Need to do something:
    1.DFU (Device firmware upgrade).USB Briver...
    2.NDI (Nova device installer 77-92).
    3.Fastboot (It is used to flash andriod and modem binaries on emmc..)
    4. a6 and a6-1 images and Flash.bat
    If got Emergency download file from HP (Inside) will be better. It have some files (seems like JC TpDebrick 004)
    8660_msimage.mbn
    APQ.bin
    cygwin1.dll
    emmc_appsboot.mbn
    MPRG8660.hex
    msp.exe
    msp.py
    partition.bin
    partition.mbn
    partition.xml
    partition0.xml
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn

1. From andriod to webos (You can flash opal image only on topaz 3G board now. Do not downloard on topaz wi-fi device)
    a.Flash chainbootie into device with fastboot...
    b.Downloard bootie binary with "dfu-util"
    c.Launch NDI (Nova Device installer) on the desktop to download webos image....
    2. From Webos to Webos ( Very easy.....)
    3. From Webos to andriod
    a. Restore andriod LK (Little Kernel) image.....
    b. Fastboot..........
    4. From Andriod to Andriod
    a. Enter fastboot mode: power off your device,press vol up key and connect device with PC by USB cable(You will see "ADB interface" inthe device manager.
    b. Run "Flash.bat" to flash you device.........

Touch panel cannot work after flashing image from webos to andriod or vice versa
    a. From Webos to andriod. After flashing andriod Rom image,flash touch firmware based on Andriod system
    Enter fastboot mode and issue command line "fastboot flash touch:swdandriod_firmware.hex"
    Reboot your device. Issue "fastboot reboot"
    b. From Andriod to webos. Update emmc_appsboot.mbn to latest daily build
    Enter fastboot mode,issue command "fastboot flash touch: eraseandriod_firmware.hex"
    Choose "Force" for option "Touchpanel update" when downloading Webos image by NDI.

NDI? -- is this an acronym? - google search comes up black on this
    NDI (Nova Device installer 77-92) is very useful tool to flash Nova device. I can flash any webos devices with it (Pre/Pixi/Pre2/Pre3/Veer?TP/GO...). Also I can flash a Go from 3.0.0-3.0.2-3.0.3-3.0.4-3.0.5 upgrade or downgrade with NDI).
    I have touchpad go with android,can you send the files“DFU (Device firmware upgrade).USB Briver” “touch:swdandriod_firmware.hex” and “touch:eraseandriod_firmware.hex” for me?Thank you very much!
    Are you chinese?I need your help to recovery My touchpad go!
    Sounds like an A6 issue on the Go, for charging circuit, tpdebrick, has a stripped Linux boot loader (which also works on the Go), if one follows the steps they might be able to force an A6 update from webOS Linux tools?

Not sure if the a6 tools are compatible with the Linux (Android) builds however...

Fixed many Touchpads and Touchpad Go's with A6/Touch Panel issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Sounds like an A6 issue on the Go, for charging circuit, tpdebrick, has a stripped Linux boot loader (which also works on the Go), if one follows the steps they might be able to force an A6 update from webOS Linux tools?

Not sure if the a6 tools are compatible with the Linux (Android) builds however...

Fixed many Touchpads and Touchpad Go's with A6/Touch Panel issues...
    ok ..not sure if it's android or the A6 issue.. but came back home, recharged it and it booted up. So maybe you're correct it's the A6 firmware issue.

This would be blesphamous in a webos forum - but should i try searching for a Android version rom for go and then try dual boot with webos? or just image out the 2.3.3 and then try installing webos.
    ok ..not sure if it's android or the A6 issue.. but came back home, recharged it and it booted up. So maybe you're correct it's the A6 firmware issue.

This would be blesphamous in a webos forum - but should i try searching for a Android version rom for go and then try dual boot with webos? or just image out the 2.3.3 and then try installing webos.
    I do not have the time to play, but someday maybe, I would love a dump of android from the Go (PM with a location if you get a dump)...

I always wanted to play with the Go and Android, I know there was a task the TTB and JSJSJS $were$ $trying$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $CM$ $build$ $maybe$ $the$ $image$ $can$ $assist$ $them$...

I can assist you with an A6 update, if you want to try that (without the build I can not say), but thought the A6updater tool was in the Android build?
    Great... If want to flash Go andriod version to Webos . Need to do something:
    1.DFU (Device firmware upgrade).USB Briver...
    2.NDI (Nova device installer 77-92).
    3.Fastboot (It is used to flash andriod and modem binaries on emmc..)
    4. a6 and a6-1 images and Flash.bat
    If got Emergency download file from HP (Inside) will be better. It have some files (seems like JC TpDebrick 004)
    8660_msimage.mbn
    APQ.bin
    cygwin1.dll
    emmc_appsboot.mbn
    MPRG8660.hex
    msp.exe
    msp.py
    partition.bin
    partition.mbn
    partition.xml
    partition0.xml
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn

1. From andriod to webos (You can flash opal image only on topaz 3G board now. Do not downloard on topaz wi-fi device)
    a.Flash chainbootie into device with fastboot...
    b.Downloard bootie binary with "dfu-util"
    c.Launch NDI (Nova Device installer) on the desktop to download webos image....
    2. From Webos to Webos ( Very easy.....)
    3. From Webos to andriod
    a. Restore andriod LK (Little Kernel) image.....
    b. Fastboot..........
    4. From Andriod to Andriod
    a. Enter fastboot mode: power off your device,press vol up key and connect device with PC by USB cable(You will see "ADB interface" inthe device manager.
    b. Run "Flash.bat" to flash you device.........

Touch panel cannot work after flashing image from webos to andriod or vice versa
    a. From Webos to andriod. After flashing andriod Rom image,flash touch firmware based on Andriod system
    Enter fastboot mode and issue command line "fastboot flash touch:swdandriod_firmware.hex"
    Reboot your device. Issue "fastboot reboot"
    b. From Andriod to webos. Update emmc_appsboot.mbn to latest daily build
    Enter fastboot mode,issue command "fastboot flash touch: eraseandriod_firmware.hex"
    Choose "Force" for option "Touchpanel update" when downloading Webos image by NDI.

NDI? -- is this an acronym? - google search comes up black on this
    NDI (Nova Device installer 77-92) is very useful tool to flash Nova device. I can flash any webos devices with it (Pre/Pixi/Pre2/Pre3/Veer?TP/GO...). Also I can flash a Go from 3.0.0-3.0.2-3.0.3-3.0.4-3.0.5 upgrade or downgrade with NDI).
    I have a touchpad go,and I flash it from webos to android,but the Touch panel cannot work,can you give me the file "andriod_firmware.hex " I think it must be work! Thank you very much!
    I do not have the time to play, but someday maybe, I would love a dump of android from the Go (PM with a location if you get a dump)...

I always wanted to play with the Go and Android, I know there was a task the TTB and JSJSJS $were$ $trying$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $CM$ $build$ $maybe$ $the$ $image$ $can$ $assist$ $them$...

I can assist you with an A6 update, if you want to try that (without the build I can not say), but thought the A6updater tool was in the Android build?
    John explain how to dump the image..and I'd pass the 2.3.3 to u.
    can you pass the 2.3.3 dump to me?thank you!
    Well assumed ANROID is rooted...

There are many NAND dump tools for android...

From a webOS part there is a make backup added to Rod's meta doctor application...

Unless I had the device, I can't tell you how to NAND backup the device (do not know what tools or process to point you to)?
    Well assumed ANROID is rooted...

There are many NAND dump tools for android...

From a webOS part there is a make backup added to Rod's meta doctor application...

Unless I had the device, I can't tell you how to NAND backup the device (do not know what tools or process to point you to)?

hmm..seems I'm lacking the touchpad go Usb driver.. Anyone has that? without it I cannot use adb to do a dump... : (

or future steps to change this to run webos..
  14.    #74  
    hmm..seems I'm lacking the touchpad go Usb driver.. Anyone has that? without it I cannot use adb to do a dump... : (

or future steps to change this to run webos..
    Try to google it. I remember that need to install 4 drivers for Go andriod version. ...
    Also I try to root the touchpad andriod version and Go andriod version. But it can not be rooted...Maybe I am wrong( Not sure it).
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Try to google it. I remember that need to install 4 drivers for Go andriod version. ...
    Also I try to root the touchpad andriod version and Go andriod version. But it can not be rooted...Maybe I am wrong( Not sure it).
    Root on webOS = Dev Mode = webos20090606
  16.    #76  
    We are talking about Go andriod version.It's no easy to root it.
    I have a touchpad go,and I have android rom for Go, I flash it from webos to android,but the Touch panel cannot work,can you give me the file "andriod_firmware.hex " I think it must be work! Thank you very much!
    Never an Android (Gingerbread) I have not found not to be able to root...

Now some newer version that is different, but older there are about 100 ways to attempt...
    I have android rom for go!but i flash it to my Go,touch can not work ,as you say,I have not the
    “andriod_firmware.hex" Can you give me?

After flashing andriod Rom image,flash touch firmware based on Andriod system
    Quote Originally Posted by fengshutao View Post
    I have a touchpad go,and I have android rom for Go, I flash it from webos to android,but the Touch panel cannot work,can you give me the file "andriod_firmware.hex " I think it must be work! Thank you very much!
    For anyone who has flashed the touchpanel of a factory Android GO so it will work in webOS, there's no going back to Android on the device without that file. There are a lot of people looking for it.

If you are lucky enough to find it, please let me know via PM.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast