Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Theoretically it should work, since it has the same resolution and more or less the same hardware, but someone would need to test it once it's available out in the open.

From what I understood the Phoenix team doesn't have a Go at their disposal for testing.

Do you have a Go yourself?
    Once PIC releases ACL it will be tested on a Go and other (ArmV7 compatible) webOS devices, yes I have access to a few Touchpad Go's...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Once PIC releases ACL it will be tested on a Go and other (ArmV7 compatible) webOS devices, yes I have access to a few Touchpad Go's...
    Others are not very likely to work due to the lack of memory. As you're aware the Qualcomm chipset eats a lot of memory which would leave no memory for ACL to run. From what I understood even on the TP it's using quite some memory.

[edit]
    Then again if someone can get it working, it's you
    [/edit]
    Need parts, time, and some luck..
    Certainly John.. and here's to the Luck aspect too!

Meanwhile, do you yet have access to a suitable test-battery for use with my device - please?
    (AustraliaPost have now unhelpfully decided that they will no longer ship out L-ion batteries from here! Great!).

When you have access and time, then please do update me with a straight 'as is' screenshot of the Touch Sensors Test in 'Landscape' anyway. Thanks!

Then, good news is, I do hopefully now have x2 suitable replacement connector block parts for the 'Small' Flex cable at least ~ (and also a suitable 'JAE' Micro SD connector), which it will then be my pleasure to forward over to you for 'micro soldering'.

The required 'Big' (Digitiser) Screen Flex cable Connector block however, will I trust, be available locally to you from the stock 'MOLEX' etc PDF's you already have, to at least assist in first correctly identifying that part for it's new 'door' component anyhow, that you may then be able to usefully 'recycle', in order to regain fuller functionality?

I really don't think we will easily also find a replacement digitiser screen to replace the faulty one, unless we are also VERY lucky!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Doctoring it to webOS is simple provided all the parts (tokens) are in the right places, and the firmware (modem, digitzer touch, and a6 chips) all get updated. If not there have been many Go's that have suffered fates of failure to be rescued, here or there... However, getting a copy extract of the android build and building a duel boot would be better, unless the PIC OM ACL works on the Touchpad Go then webOS is better...
    No tokens that I know of on Android versions. Getting WebOS on to one of these involves restoring a memboot backup made from another webOS GO, then as John explains, flashing the firmware (Touchpanel won't work until you do this), then you may want to swap out the tokens on the fresh device so it can have a different serial number token using the method to restore tokens lemanho describes below. His link even provides some token files he's sharing in case anyone needs them.

If you happen to have a copy of NDI, it makes the process of converting one of these from Android to WebOS a little easier, but it is possible to do the conversion without it.

Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    Collected some touchpadgo DVT 32G/16G tokens. Maybe someone need it....
    here:5CLGD11032.dat

a.Backup token

Power on your device and connect it with PC
    Open a terminal and issue “novacom -t open tty://”
    And then type “#dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p12 of=/media/internal/token.dat skip=20480 bs=1 count=4096”. Crtl+C exit.
    Issue “novacom get file:///media/internal/token.dat > token.dat” to export token data.

b.Restore token
    WebOS
    Power on your device and connect it with PC. Open a terminal and issue:
    novacom put file:///media/internal/token.dat < token.dat
    novacom –t open tty://
    #dd if=/media/internal/token.dat of=/dev/mmcblk0p12 seek=20480 bs=1 count=4096
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/08/2013 at 07:47 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    No tokens that I know of on Android versions. Getting WebOS on to one of these involves restoring a memboot backup made from another webOS GO, then as John explains, flashing the firmware (Touchpanel won't work until you do this), then you may want to swap out the tokens on the fresh device so it can have a different serial number token using the method to restore tokens lemanho describes below. His link even provides some token files he's sharing in case anyone needs them.

If you happen to have a copy of NDI, it makes the process of converting one of these from Android to WebOS a little easier, but it is possible to do the conversion without it.
    ok thanks for the information...i'd going to plan this 'project' carefully else I crap out a rare device lol...

1. webos doctor for opal 3.0.5 (checked). Is this the safest version? or should i find a lower version? like 3.0.2 or 3.04?
    2. tokens (downloaded)- thanks to lemonho
    3. memboot (reading up on this). from reading your instructions, I'd need a copy from a runing Opal. Would definately need help on this.
    4. NDI? -- is this an acronym? - google search comes up black on this
    5. When you say firmware in place i.e screen, modem, A6, Can I safetly say that if the device has touch, modem etc working in the android build, that the firmware are in place? (logically this is correct , if I understand how devices work.)
    Last edited by daexpression; 10/09/2013 at 12:38 AM.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    ok thanks for the information...i'd going to plan this 'project' carefully else I crap out a rare device lol...

1. webos doctor for opal 3.0.5 (checked). Is this the safest version? or should i find a lower version? like 3.0.2 or 3.04?
    2. tokens (downloaded)- thanks to lemonho
    3. memboot (reading up on this). from reading your instructions, I'd need a copy from a runing Opal. Would definately need help on this.
    4. NDI? -- is this an acronym? - google search comes up black on this
    5. When you say firmware in place i.e screen, modem, A6, Can I safetly say that if the device has touch, modem etc working in the android build, that the firmware are in place? (logically this is correct , if I understand how devices work.)
    Great... If want to flash Go andriod version to Webos . Need to do something:
    1.DFU (Device firmware upgrade).USB Briver...
    2.NDI (Nova device installer 77-92).
    3.Fastboot (It is used to flash andriod and modem binaries on emmc..)
    4. a6 and a6-1 images and Flash.bat
    If got Emergency download file from HP (Inside) will be better. It have some files (seems like JC TpDebrick 004)
    8660_msimage.mbn
    APQ.bin
    cygwin1.dll
    emmc_appsboot.mbn
    MPRG8660.hex
    msp.exe
    msp.py
    partition.bin
    partition.mbn
    partition.xml
    partition0.xml
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn

1. From andriod to webos (You can flash opal image only on topaz 3G board now. Do not downloard on topaz wi-fi device)
    a.Flash chainbootie into device with fastboot...
    b.Downloard bootie binary with "dfu-util"
    c.Launch NDI (Nova Device installer) on the desktop to download webos image....
    2. From Webos to Webos ( Very easy.....)
    3. From Webos to andriod
    a. Restore andriod LK (Little Kernel) image.....
    b. Fastboot..........
    4. From Andriod to Andriod
    a. Enter fastboot mode: power off your device,press vol up key and connect device with PC by USB cable(You will see "ADB interface" inthe device manager.
    b. Run "Flash.bat" to flash you device.........

Touch panel cannot work after flashing image from webos to andriod or vice versa
    a. From Webos to andriod. After flashing andriod Rom image,flash touch firmware based on Andriod system
    Enter fastboot mode and issue command line "fastboot flash touch:swdandriod_firmware.hex"
    Reboot your device. Issue "fastboot reboot"
    b. From Andriod to webos. Update emmc_appsboot.mbn to latest daily build
    Enter fastboot mode,issue command "fastboot flash touch: eraseandriod_firmware.hex"
    Choose "Force" for option "Touchpanel update" when downloading Webos image by NDI.

NDI? -- is this an acronym? - google search comes up black on this
    NDI (Nova Device installer 77-92) is very useful tool to flash Nova device. I can flash any webos devices with it (Pre/Pixi/Pre2/Pre3/Veer?TP/GO...). Also I can flash a Go from 3.0.0-3.0.2-3.0.3-3.0.4-3.0.5 upgrade or downgrade with NDI).
    Last edited by lemanho; 10/09/2013 at 07:18 PM.
    gsxrww and Rnp like this.
    Great... If want to flash Go andriod version to Webos . Need to do something:
    1.DFU (Device firmware upgrade).USB Briver...
    2.NDI (Nova device installer 77-92).
    3.Fastboot (It is used to flash andriod and modem binaries on emmc..)
    4. a6 and a6-1 images and Flash.bat
    If got Emergency download file from HP (Inside) will be better. It have some files (seems like JC TpDebrick 004)
    8660_msimage.mbn
    APQ.bin
    cygwin1.dll
    emmc_appsboot.mbn
    MPRG8660.hex
    msp.exe
    msp.py
    partition.bin
    partition.mbn
    partition.xml
    partition0.xml
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    tz.mbn

1. From andriod to webos (You can flash opal image only on topaz 3G board now. Do not downloard on topaz wi-fi device)
    a.Flash chainbootie into device with fastboot...
    b.Downloard bootie binary with "dfu-util"
    c.Launch NDI (Nova Device installer) on the desktop to download webos image....
    2. From Webos to Webos ( Very easy.....)
    3. From Webos to andriod
    a. Restore andriod LK (Little Kernel) image.....
    b. Fastboot..........
    4. From Andriod to Andriod
    a. Enter fastboot mode: power off your device,press vol up key and connect device with PC by USB cable(You will see "ADB interface" inthe device manager.
    b. Run "Flash.bat" to flash you device.........

Touch panel cannot work after flashing image from webos to andriod or vice versa
    a. From Webos to andriod. After flashing andriod Rom image,flash touch firmware based on Andriod system
    Enter fastboot mode and issue command line "fastboot flash touch:swdandriod_firmware.hex"
    Reboot your device. Issue "fastboot reboot"
    b. From Andriod to webos. Update emmc_appsboot.mbn to latest daily build
    Enter fastboot mode,issue command "fastboot flash touch: eraseandriod_firmware.hex"
    Choose "Force" for option "Touchpanel update" when downloading Webos image by NDI.

NDI? -- is this an acronym? - google search comes up black on this
    NDI (Nova Device installer 77-92) is very useful tool to flash Nova device. I can flash any webos devices with it (Pre/Pixi/Pre2/Pre3/Veer?TP/GO...). Also I can flash a Go from 3.0.0-3.0.2-3.0.3-3.0.4-3.0.5 upgrade or downgrade with NDI).
    hi lemanho,

i might contact you again on the steps when i do receive the TP go. For those interested, I found those at taobao - some seller having the TP go but installed with Android (prefactory stuff).

touchpad gos

hopefully my transaction happens and i'd be an owner of a TP go with 3G /16gb.
    Last edited by daexpression; 10/09/2013 at 10:50 PM.
  8.    #48  
    hi lemanho,

i might contact you again on the steps when i do receive the TP go. For those interested, I found those at taobao - some seller having the TP go but installed with Android (prefactory stuff).

touchpad gos

hopefully my transaction happens and i'd be an owner of a TP go with 3G /16gb.
    Yes. some Touchpadgo devices are selling in Taobao....
    But I just got HP Go documents. But never flash Go andriod version to Webos. Cause missing some Go's tool...
    But I just got HP Go documents. But never flash Go andriod version to Webos. Cause missing some Go's tool...
    well.. first step is to get a touchpad go first, if it's running android fine, then next steps will come. Probably will ask some fellow techies here on how it can be done without making the TP into a paperweight..
    I just want to reinforce lemanho's comment about NDI tool. It is absolutely Incredible.
    It makes life living with ZombieOS devices soooooo much easier!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Be careful buying TP GO devices on Taobao. There are a couple of shady sellers on there trying to sell them and cheap too.

Always use a Taobao agent if you are in the USA.

When you post the Taobao link in the purchase or shopping cart of your agent's site, if the seller is shady, the link will come back as a bad URL.

Be careful is all I am saying.
    cbosdell and Rnp like this.
  12.    #52  
    I just want to reinforce lemanho's comment about NDI tool. It is absolutely Incredible.
    It makes life living with ZombieOS devices soooooo much easier!

Yes. I am using NDI to webos device and do not want to use Doctor anymore.. Also I flashed ATT 4G rom into a Touchpad 16G (but no 4g function). If use NDI into Ubuntu OS will be better.
  13.    #53  
    Be careful buying TP GO devices on Taobao. There are a couple of shady sellers on there trying to sell them and cheap too.

When you post the Taobao link in the purchase or shopping cart of your agent's site, if the seller is shady, the link will come back as a bad URL.

I don't think so. Maybe you don't understand Taobao process( it is different to ebay).
    1.If want to buy the Go in taobao. place the order and transfer money to Taobao first (No seller)
    2.The seller will ship the Go to you ( The address you provide).
    3. When get the Go .double check it and make the final confirmation. Taobao will transfer the money to seller later.
    4. If seller ship a empty box or nothing. Just report to Taobao and don't make final confirmation. The seller can not get the money. And the money will send back to your account automatic.

The best way that look for a chinese friend who has a taobao account..............
    Last edited by lemanho; 10/10/2013 at 07:58 PM.

ah yes.. i'm using an agent. I could have probably asked a china friend to get it for me, but the hassle of him managing it...

let me google NDI.. and see what crops up. Seems like a wonder tool lol
  15.    #55  
    NDI (Nova Device Installer (77-97)..Take your own risk............
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1rEepG
    Last edited by lemanho; 10/15/2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Rnp and Proximity like this.
    waiting for my device(s) to arrive...confirmed at my overseas warehouse..and is shipped...man. I cannot wait.....

anything that I need to prepare ahead? like opening the device and checking modem model, and firmware, hardware revision etc - to make sure I can like find the right drivers?
  17.    #57  
    waiting for my device(s) to arrive...confirmed at my overseas warehouse..and is shipped...man. I cannot wait.....

anything that I need to prepare ahead? like opening the device and checking modem model, and firmware, hardware revision etc - to make sure I can like find the right drivers?
    There are a lot of model of touchpad go devices in development. What type of Go you got ??
    ok the touchpad go came... ( 2 of them) testing one right now.
    touchcreen seems ok.
    condition c7. - as there are cracks on the case (unfortunately)
    glass screen is ok.

16GB
    msm8660 topaz
    GSM works - tried the browser. modem is an erickson - i see a H+ (but my sim card is 3G only)..
    android version 2.3.3
    kernel version : 2.6.35.7 androidbuild@cdc-linux-buildsrv11.#1
    buildnumber : msm8660_topaz-eng 2.3.3 topaz-db-2011-05-28_ xxxxxxx test keys

going to test the second unit. Need to charge it first then it owuld boot, was worried the battery was dead. lol
  19.    #59  
    ok the touchpad go came... ( 2 of them) testing one right now.
    touchcreen seems ok.
    condition c7. - as there are cracks on the case (unfortunately)
    glass screen is ok.

16GB
    msm8660 topaz
    GSM works - tried the browser. modem is an erickson - i see a H+ (but my sim card is 3G only)..
    android version 2.3.3
    kernel version : 2.6.35.7 androidbuild@cdc-linux-buildsrv11.#1
    buildnumber : msm8660_topaz-eng 2.3.3 topaz-db-2011-05-28_ xxxxxxx test keys

going to test the second unit. Need to charge it first then it owuld boot, was worried the battery was dead. lol
    Great. Most of Go devices will make some marks on edge of case.(Development samples).

Andriod 2.3.3 is better than andriod 2.2.1. Can transfer software to SD card. Andriod 2.2.1 is 150MB data only.

My andriod 2.3.3 Go build number: msn8660_topaz-eng 2.3.3 topaz-DB-2011-06-22_06_01_03-1227 1227 test-keys
    Great. Most of Go devices will make some marks on edge of case.(Development samples).

Andriod 2.3.3 is better than andriod 2.2.1. Can transfer software to SD card. Andriod 2.2.1 is 150MB data only.

My andriod 2.3.3 Go build number: msn8660_topaz-eng 2.3.3 topaz-DB-2011-06-22_06_01_03-1227 1227 test-keys
    Leman Ho yes, same build I think if i remember correctly. So now to move it to webos...I am still wondering whether i have all the software for it now..
    funny this morning, the device could not turn on.. but the button would light up when i press. If i recall, android early version have problem with waking up..need to do a battery pull. Is there any reset button on the Go? or maybe during the night..the battery was drained by a 2.3.3 standby problem..will do some research again.
    Had to work - so left this thing at home, maybe weekend i will do something about it
    anyone encounter this.. lol

The second device is the Opal version ..with SD slot, Sim slot and the orange ribbon on the side.. have not tried the SIM slot to see if it works.. will do that when I'm back home..
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast