Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. you may need a (trustworthy) friend/contact with a US Residential Address who can then purchase it for you and send it on to you in Rio - preferably I would imagine, someone on this forum who already has a 'Go'?

I have had to do this from Australia on occaision, with other US 'ebay' stuff, where the seller will/can not ship Internationally.

~ C'mon guys.. help this man out!

Bon Chance!

Yeah, sorry Rnp! Got your PM about this (I'm the dope who lives in Santa Clara). But right now I have a broken right foot. Don't know how I would get to the store to ship this, etc. [Live alone, can't walk or drive, and not supposed to leave bed for some more days still.]

And holy smokes! You know it runs from at least $50 up to $ALOTOFMONEY to ship to Rio, yeah? I have zero experience with international shipping anything bigger than a postcard.
    Rnp likes this.
    Well... the exact value is $ 59.95 (sending as USPS Priority Medium Box).

But could be worst... if you using FEDEX, only the shipping cost is higher: $ 315.00 + 50% as customs services taxes!!!!

The brazilian citizen is a warrior!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    ananimus likes this.
    Ha! Yes, I was shocked by the UPS and FedEx prices. That's insane! But if $60 [*shipping] is okay... I've seen you around here for a long time, so I GUESS I trust you. (He's cool, right guys? )

I'll PM you how the purchase goes. Then if your money is good I'll ship as soon as I get help going to the post office. If not I will have my own Go.

(Apologies for the thread hijack, mods!)
    Last edited by ananimus; 09/13/2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
  4.    #24  
    Got a 64G EVT4 touchpad Go in the final. Can active HP account now and upgrade it to webos 3.0.4. Can use back camera.But can not use front camera. If want to use both camera need to downgrade back to webos 3.0.3........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow! Great, guy!

PS: you forgot to hide the IMEI...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Wow! Great, guy!

PS: you forgot to hide the IMEI...

Best Regards...
    It doesn't matter. IMEI number is just 3G module code number. If change the 3G module it shows different IMEI from device info.....
    Rnp likes this.
    leman is it at all possible that some factory has been able to replicate the touchpad go ..and do a backdoor release
  8.    #28  
    Yes. After two years. Can feel some Go devices are leaking out to the market now............
  9.    #29  
    OK.Looked for a strange Touchpad go 16G +3G+andriod 2.2.1 device
    1.Have 3G slot.But can not use 3G function. Have Micro SD slot. But can not use it (Nothing on mainboard).
    2. The color is real color (I had another 16G+3G+andriod 2.2.1 version. can use 3G function. but color likes rainbow).
    3.Extend a cable from the mainboard to beside of battery. (Do not know what it is..).
    4.Can not use touch-stone. Cause there are 6 pins on mainboard only. 8 pins normally.)
    5.Model number: msm8660_topaz
    Andriod version: 2.2.1
    Baseband version: unknown
    Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 +andriodbuild@cdc-linux-buildsrv11 #1
    Build number: topaz-DB-2011-03-25_06-01-10-910
    6.Have QA Test Tool/Camcorder?CDMA NAM Programming/Qualcomm Settings.....softwares
    Maybe... was not finished?

Best Regards...
  11.    #31  
    No sure.. I've watched out 40-50 Go's mainboards in somewhere. But never saw a Micro SD slot set beside 3G slot set on the mainboard..............
    Quote Originally Posted by lemanho View Post
    No sure.. I've watched out 40-50 Go's mainboards in somewhere. But never saw a Micro SD slot set beside 3G slot set on the mainboard..............
    Yes you have.. I sent you pictures of this once!
    This sounds very similar to the busted-out dysfunctional piece of sh*t that I own!
    Micro SD card slot 'empty', yes. 3G functional, yes. Extra cables, yes. Only 6 back cover connector pins. Yes.
    No working Touchstone Charge. yes Ex. Android 2.2.1. Yes. Now webOS though.
    Cracked/worn/dysfunctional Flex Digitiser/USB connector blocks & BIG & LITTLE cables - Yes? No?
    I have a spare correct and orignal 'JAE' Micro SD Card connector too, if you want to try flowing one in anyway?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/04/2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Add Pics & details.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Yes you have.. I sent you pictures of this once!
    This sounds very similar to the busted-out dysfunctional piece of sh*t that I own!
    Micro SD card slot 'empty', yes. 3G functional, yes. Extra cables, yes.
    Ex. Android 2.2.1. Yes. Now webOS though.
    Cracked/worn/dysfunctional Flex Digitiser/USB connector blocks & BIG & LITTLE cables - Yes? No?
    I have a spare correct and orignal 'JAE' Micro SD Card connector too, if you want to try flowing one in anyway?

I can validate this too. I once had one in hand with a microSD card slot
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I can validate this too. I once had one in hand with a microSD card slot
    Thank you for your validation!
    (But mine was also stuffed full of tape & old 'Apple' accessory packaging etc too, ironically enough!)

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Thank you for your validation!
    (But mine was also stuffed full of tape & old 'Apple' accessory packaging etc too, ironically enough!)

Bummer, the LCD looks a little warped too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Bummer, the LCD looks a little warped too
    Yes, camera-lense distortion effect, but not the only thing that was a little 'warped', unfortunately!
    Still waiting for John Steffes to finish 'waving his magic wand over it' however.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/04/2013 at 02:03 PM.

guys..need some advice. I see a couple of touchpad go -16gb, 3G etc .but running android 2.3.2. In terms of updating it to webos, is it as simple as making specific changes (idenfication of the device) to say the AT&T doctor which has the GSM modem code inside and flashing it?
    Yes, camera-lense distortion effect, but not the only thing that was a little 'warped', unfortunately!
    Still waiting for John Steffes to finish 'waving his magic wand over it' however.

Need parts, time, and some luck...

Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    guys..need some advice. I see a couple of touchpad go -16gb, 3G etc .but running android 2.3.2. In terms of updating it to webos, is it as simple as making specific changes (idenfication of the device) to say the AT&T doctor which has the GSM modem code inside and flashing it?
    Doctoring it to webOS is simple provided all the parts (tokens) are in the right places, and the firmware (modem, digitzer touch, and a6 chips) all get updated. If not there have been many Go's that have suffered fates of failure to be rescued, here or there... However, getting a copy extract of the android build and building a duel boot would be better, unless the PIC OM ACL works on the Touchpad Go then webOS is better...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

Doctoring it to webOS is simple provided all the parts (tokens) are in the right places, and the firmware (modem, digitzer touch, and a6 chips) all get updated. If not there have been many Go's that have suffered fates of failure to be rescued, here or there... However, getting a copy extract of the android build and building a duel boot would be better, unless the PIC OM ACL works on the Touchpad Go then webOS is better...
    Theoretically it should work, since it has the same resolution and more or less the same hardware, but someone would need to test it once it's available out in the open.

From what I understood the Phoenix team doesn't have a Go at their disposal for testing.

Do you have a Go yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

ok...should i get the device in which comes with android preinstalled.. I'd have to seek some expert advise on this

thanks all.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast