Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Could it be that some of my pins are broken? I could just place new ones and it might work? Anyone who tried?
    Oh that is a nasty one! There is a plastic catch that holds the back down near the pins. If it breaks, you're SOL... I ended up removing the TTS coil and Touchstone coil from the back and affixing it to the pins directly. :/ Not sure of a better solution.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I think I might have found a clue to the 1cm off issue. I've taken the 3 Go's completely apart, switched LCD etc but the 1cm off still remains for all 3 of them!

I was however capable of getting all 3 TouchPanels updated eventually. It seems that without a token partition on the device PmTpUpdater will simply refuse to work at all. After a token is there it does work eventually. Seeing that the token partition has calibration data for ALS, Accelerometer, Gyro etc, I suspect that somewhere there's also a value for the TouchPanel.

The problem so far seems that I only have DVT token files from lemanho, but my Go's all seem to be EVT. I suspect this might cause the 1cm off problem!

Can other Go owners please make a backup of their mmcblk0p12 partition and contact me by PM, so I can do some investigation? I would like to have different mmcblk0p12 backups for this, so I can see what values might be of interest to get this 1cm off issue sorted.

Of course you can replace the values for sensitive token data like PalmSN, ProdSN,BWIFIoADDR, BToADDR with XXXXXXX or something that has the same length as the original value in a hex editor, because these are unique values for your device used for your Palm Profile and they are of no use to me.

Code:
    In novaterm: dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p12 of=/media/internal/token.dat skip=20480 bs=1 count=4096
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    @Herrie, write me a PM about what to do. I have a Go that workd fine. Can do so in dutch if you like I will have a look at it tonight

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I think I might have found a clue to the 1cm off issue. I've taken the 3 Go's completely apart, switched LCD etc but the 1cm off still remains for all 3 of them!

I was however capable of getting all 3 TouchPanels updated eventually. It seems that without a token partition on the device PmTpUpdater will simply refuse to work at all. After a token is there it does work eventually. Seeing that the token partition has calibration data for ALS, Accelerometer, Gyro etc, I suspect that somewhere there's also a value for the TouchPanel.

The problem so far seems that I only have DVT token files from lemanho, but my Go's all seem to be EVT. I suspect this might cause the 1cm off problem!

Can other Go owners please make a backup of their mmcblk0p12 partition and contact me by PM, so I can do some investigation? I would like to have different mmcblk0p12 backups for this, so I can see what values might be of interest to get this 1cm off issue sorted.

Of course you can replace the values for sensitive token data like PalmSN, ProdSN,BWIFIoADDR, BToADDR with XXXXXXX or something that has the same length as the original value in a hex editor, because these are unique values for your device used for your Palm Profile and they are of no use to me.

Code:
    In novaterm: dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p12 of=/media/internal/token.dat skip=20480 bs=1 count=4096
    Try this..............................

Touch panel cannot work after flashing images from webos to Andrioid or vice versa
    From andriod to webos:
    1. update emmc_appsboot.mbn to latest daily build.
    2. Enter fastboot mode,issue command " fastboot flash touch:erase android_firmware.hex"
    3. Choose " force" for option "Touchpanel Update" when downloard Webos image by NDI.
    Or you can use the following method
    1. Enter fastboot mode. issue command line "fastboot flash touch:swd palm_firmware.hex".
    2. When useing NDI flashing Webos image, for option "Touchpanel Update",select "skip".
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi Herrie, received the PM! Inbox is vol, dus kan niet replyen. Zal er morgen naar kijken!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    the best way I gues is to use an existing image dump as a doctor and in the process put in the tokens.?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910