i would like a go! Do you have anymore?
  4.    #24  
    Anyone have a Sierra LTE module? I only have a 3G module in mine
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Anyone have a Sierra LTE module? I only have a 3G module in mine
    They can be found for a fair price at eBay on a regular basis. USD 40 to 60 seems quite common for a Sierra MC7700
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    The one I ordered on Ebay just shipped. $55
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    The one I ordered on Ebay just shipped. $55
    So like this? Unlocked Sierra Wireless WWAN 100Mbps MC7700 3G PCI E Card Exceed MC8780 L K | eBay
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    That'll cover this lot OK for you anyway:

LTE: 700 (B17)/AWS
    WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

MC7710 covers:

LTE: 800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz
    WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM: 900/1800/1900 Mhz.

All depends where you live I guess!

Not sure if MC7710 drivers are already included in 3.0.5 though?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    That'll cover this lot OK for you anyway:

LTE: 700 (B17)/AWS
    WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

MC7710 covers:

LTE: 800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz
    WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    EDGE/GPRS/GSM: 900/1800/1900 Mhz.

All depends where you live I guess!

Not sure if MC7710 drivers are already included in 3.0.5 though?

7700 = US GSM network (AT&T & T-Mobile).
    7710 = European bands

7710 is not officially supported but I released a patch for it, see also PivotCE article about it :-)
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Thanks Herrie.
    As stated earlier, prospective Australian LTE frequency bands are still in a mess!
    The big Telcos are squabbling over who gets the old Analogue TV bandwidth to play with etc.
    Maybe 700 - maybe 2100 - maybe both! Who knows!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I have a TP Go and a Sierra MC7700. I've tried the Sierra modem in the device, but I get a "Phone offline" message. The GPS function works and tests positive. I'm using the 3.0.5 doctor for the Go, but not the super meta-doctor.

From this thread it seems like the device should recognize the modem when it's plugged in without any serious settings changes. If that's not right, I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction on what I need to do. I'm still searching through the forums, but I'd appreciate a hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I have a TP Go and a Sierra MC7700. I've tried the Sierra modem in the device, but I get a "Phone offline" message. The GPS function works and tests positive. I'm using the 3.0.5 doctor for the Go, but not the super meta-doctor.

From this thread it seems like the device should recognize the modem when it's plugged in without any serious settings changes. If that's not right, I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction on what I need to do. I'm still searching through the forums, but I'd appreciate a hand.
    I just had the same issue. I ended up pulling apart an older Dell Inspiron n4010 we had sitting around the house with Windows 7 on it. Pulled out the wifi card from the PCI-e slot and plugged in the MC7700. Rebooted, installed the driver from here Panasonic Mobile Computer Wireless Carrier Software and then the bottom 3 files from here HP TouchPad 4G - Files. Here's the order:
    ATT_MC7700_Driver_v3617_Win_XP_7.zip
    BZ31018_DIP_QMI_ModeSwitch.rar
    UMTS Watcher Build3228 Generic.msi
    SWI9200M_3.5-Release5-SWI9200X_03.05.20.03.zip
    I popped the MC7700 back into my TP Go just now and wahlah. For some reason the data connection isn't coming up but at least it's not phone offline. Baby steps I guess.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Note: I updated the link Alan Morford provided in the preceeding post, all the correct files are in the link below.
    Here are more detailed instructions.
    WARNING - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! No guarantees or warranties are provided or implied.

If you purchase an MC7700 or MC7710 you are likely to recieve a module that is programed to operate in "QMI" mode. Vendors on eBay, etc. rarely make this clear. However, WebOS for the HP TouchPad 4G and TouchPad Go expect the module to be programmed to operate in "Direct IP" mode.

You can use a Windows PC (WinXP or Win7) to re-program the module for Direct IP mode. Options include using a Windows laptop PC that has an internal PCI-e slot or using an external USB to PCI-e adaptor with SIM test slot (available on eBay for less than $10) on any Windows PC.

This takes several steps since Windows uses different device drivers for QMI and DirectIP mode. As an overview, you need to install the Windows QMI device drivers, run a mode switch utility to switch the module to DirectIP mode, remove the Windows QMI drivers, install the Windows DirectIP drivers, and then flash the Direct IP firmware.

All the necessary files are here: http://www.hptouchpad4g.com/sierra.html.
    1. SWI QMI Windows Drivers: This installs the Windows QMI drivers - install the module, install the drivers, and Windows should recognize the module.
    2. SWI DIP/QMI Windows Mode Switcher: This is a utility that switches the mode of the module from QMI to DirectIP. Run this and it should recognize the module and change its mode.
    3. SWI DIP Windows Drivers: This installs the Windows Diredt IP drivers. You may need to remove the QMI drivers first. Once the DIP driver is installed, Windows should again recognize the module.
    4. SWI DIP Windows Watcher: This utility will let you start, control, and test the module and your SIM card while in the PC to be sure you can get full LTE connectivity.
    5. SWI MC7700/10 Firmware: This is the Windows installer for the most recent DirectIP firmware for the MC7700 and the MC7710. Run this after you have installed the DirectIP driver and it should recognize the module and update its firmware.

Regards,
    John
    Last edited by NewbyJE; 03/22/2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Warning
    I did find something on this after I posted, from TTB maybe, but I didn't know what to do about it. Now I do.

Thanks, John!
    Thanks a lot for your site about the Sierra 7710 NewbyJE. I have managed to get the module working in my TP Go, but I'm having GPS problems. On your site you described how to set the GPS settings via a config file in Android. Is there a posibillity to change those setting via a PC (Windows) or under WebOS?
    Any help appreciated!

Best regards,
    Helmut
    I've secured a TP Go Erricson 3G device.. thinking of putting Android on it but TPToolbox is not working on it.
    I've secured a TP Go Erricson 3G device.. thinking of putting Android on it but TPToolbox is not working on it.
    There's no working recent Android build for the Go as far as I know. Only 2.2.x and 2.3.x that could be found on some of the development Go's.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    There's no working recent Android build for the Go as far as I know. Only 2.2.x and 2.3.x that could be found on some of the development Go's.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    You could probably made dual boot WebOS / Android 2.1.1 or 2.3.3 or 2.3.4
    - install moboot
    - repartition WebOS partition using Tailor
    - restore Android backups

The problem is that there are two touchpanel firmwares, one for Android and one for WebOS
    so every time you will switch operating system you will need to flash touchpanel
    in Android fastboot mode:
    fastboot flash touch:swd android_firmware.hex - for Android
    fastboot flash touch:swd palm_firmware.hex - for WebOS
    in WebOS terminal using PmTpUpdater

I am have just stared to work on dual boot Go with 2.2.1 / WebOS, but havent progressed much further as I have limited time to do this project (see images below)
    I also have Go with 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 Android but I need to root them first ot make backup, any clue how to do it someone ?

Here are images of Android 2.3.3 Leman has posted here Touchpad Go device he has UL them on Chinese servers and I downloaded and put on DropBox for easy access in Europe or USA
    system.img.ext4
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ystem.img.ext4
    userdata.img.ext4
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rdata.img.ext4

Last edited by Sumy; 10/23/2015 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    You could probably made dual boot WebOS / Android 2.1.1 or 2.3.3 or 2.3.4
    - install moboot
    - repartition WebOS partition using Tailor
    - restore Android backups

The problem is that there are two touchpanel firmwares, one for Android and one for WebOS
    so every time you will switch operating system you will need to flash touchpanel
    in Android fastboot mode:
    fastboot flash touch:swd android_firmware.hex - for Android
    fastboot flash touch:swd palm_firmware.hex - for WebOS
    in WebOS terminal using PmTpUpdater

I am have just stared to work on dual boot Go with 2.2.1 / WebOS, but havent progressed much further as I have limited time to do this project (see images below)
    I also have Go with 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 Android but I need to root them first ot make backup, any clue how to do it someone ?

Here are images of Android 2.3.3 Leman has posted here Touchpad Go device he has UL them on Chinese servers and I downloaded and put on DropBox for easy access in Europe or USA
    system.img.ext4
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ystem.img.ext4
    userdata.img.ext4
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rdata.img.ext4

Click to view quoted image

Very simple. I remember that just make one line command . Can flash andriod 2.3.3 images into Webos Go. But it lost touch function unless have above two hex files . And flash one hex in it.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Another Go upgraded to the Sierra module thanks to the instructions above. The first link on the Sierra page to the driver doesn't work though due to the & in the filename, but I was able to use the driver downloaded from Alan's link in the previous post. It all worked great, not difficult, just follow the steps exactly.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/21/2017 at 03:36 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast