1.    #1  
    the acer iconia and Asus transformer refurbs are available for under 300. Worth getting one? What do you think? Warranty on them is only 90 days tho'
    I would be cautious - what are they capable of running? ICS, or just Gingerbread?
    How would you feel if it crapped out on the 91st day or at the end of six months providing you paid for it with a credit card that extends warranty?
    Call square trade and see what kind of warranty they will give you. Their warranty subtracts each claim from total amount paid so you may be only able to use it once but still might be worth it.

I bought an ebay kindle that crapped out right after 90 days (it was supposed to be sold with a square trade warranty but the owner had made a claim so square trade only had a few dollars left on the warranty). Luckily Amazon wants my business so they sold me a refurb kindle for $60. I learned my lesson from that event.

Amazon refurb kindle fires from their website come with 1 year warranties and can run other android software.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    How would you feel if it crapped out on the 91st day or at the end of six months providing you paid for it with a credit card that extends warranty?
    Call square trade and see what kind of warranty they will give you. Their warranty subtracts each claim from total amount paid so you may be only able to use it once but still might be worth it.

I bought an ebay kindle that crapped out right after 90 days (it was supposed to be sold with a square trade warranty but the owner had made a claim so square trade only had a few dollars left on the warranty). Luckily Amazon wants my business so they sold me a refurb kindle for $60. I learned my lesson from that event.

Amazon refurb kindle fires from their website come with 1 year warranties and can run other android software.
    Be careful with that, I ready my CC policy the other day, it explicitly says refurbished goods are NOT included.
    Considering I have a dual boot TouchPad, I have absolutely no desire to buy a dedicated Android tablet. Sure there's a few things that don't work properly, but for all intensive purposes, it's pretty much the same thing.....for me.

Although I just remembered about HDMI out.....stupid HP.
    Last edited by sledge007; 04/27/2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I was looking at a selection of a ton of tablets that were clearanced for ridiculous prices the other day .. all of them in touchpad pricing areas were like half the tablet the touchpad is. meh.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    If you care about latest ROMs and such, here's my advice - buy the more popular one with more market penetration. Popular tablets have more unofficial (as in non-OEM) ROM development. I bought the original ATT GSM Galaxy Tab (7") as refurb last June for $200. I put CM7 on it right away and just recently put a very-close-to-beta build of ICS on it and it gave it new life. Tablets like Galaxy 10.1 was quite popular in 2011, as with Transformer, so you should see lots of support for them.