Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Guys, it's getting a bit too drippy in here...
    Awesome.....another like coming your way. Drippier the better.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Guys, it's getting a bit too drippy in here...
    lol

@steffej3
    I jumped onto Xron quite late so the early issues were mostly hammered out. Battery life with wifi turned on is now comparable to my observed WebOS levels (just about 1% per hour).

In any case, it's not like WebOS is horrible (and neither is Android all roses) so nothing wrong with using it.

I can't help but to add that for task switching, the Pre (and its gesture area) is far nicer than with the Touchpad. You can emulate this with Task Changer on Android (single gesture task switching).
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Seems a bit dangerous to like one ecosystem and swear you'll never change. Are there still Wordperfect users out there that won't move on to greener pastures? I suppose there are *nix users who will never ever use a package manager *spit*
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoreverse View Post
    lol

@steffej3
    I jumped onto Xron quite late so the early issues were mostly hammered out. Battery life with wifi turned on is now comparable to my observed WebOS levels (just about 1% per hour).
    Man, I would 'almost' kill for that kind of battery improvement. It's documented in a couple of other threads, but in the raw CM7 build it's horrendous for me. We're talking 5% or more every 15-20 minutes & that was with tasks killed, no widgets, no active email, no live wallpaper, and no active notifications of any type. There are a number of other things I tweaked in the settings to reduce non-essential processes, but I have come to the conclusion I have a bad install or some sort of malware that is in hiding, sucking the life out of my TouchPad.

I haven't given up, but I'm not going to stress about it now. I am going to wipe my entire device prior to 3.0.5 for webOS & ICS CM9. I can wait, I'm patient...that should be obvious to most who started with this platform.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    There are a number of other things I tweaked in the settings to reduce non-essential processes, but I have come to the conclusion I have a bad install or some sort of malware that is in hiding, sucking the life out of my TouchPad.
    Probably =(. I did a clean wipe before installing Xron.

Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I haven't given up, but I'm not going to stress about it now. I am going to wipe my entire device prior to 3.0.5 for webOS & ICS CM9. I can wait, I'm patient...that should be obvious to most who started with this platform.
    Haha, yeah. When I bought my Touchpad I didn't even get it for Android (I actually didn't expect a working build this soon).
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Good for you, OP. See ya.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    TouchPad does have really good apps btw for webOS!
    <<thread moved>>
    Thanks for playin'

<closed>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123