Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
    Yeah, I just don't know how anyone can celebrate a decent TouchPad review when a) the platform is all but dead and b) nobody is selling the product that was reviewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Why are so many trying to read that comparison to mean webOS and the touchpad really just suck, but hey it was cheapest so he kept it?

The only thing he doesn't seem to like about the TouchPad is the limited app selection, which at this point is largely a function of HP cancelling the product over 3 months ago just 7 weeks after launch. That concern, and the concern about future support (which is also a result of HP cancelling the product), are both ameliorated by being able to load Android. The article is clear though that he prefers to use webOS when possible, and certainly also implies (without directly saying so) that if HP manages to do something to improve the app and future support situation he'd gladly remove Android.

Notice also that he declared that even if he kept the fabled iPad, the killer of all things not iPad, that he would use it only as a second tablet. That has nothing to do with the price of the individual tablets, since once they've been paid for the original cost has nothing to do with which device you prefer (other than perhaps psycologically: "I paid $500 for this so I'm damned well going to like it the most or my money was wasted!"); he gave up the iPad because for the price it wasn't worth having as a second tablet, not because he wished he could use the iPad as his primary tablet but couldn't afford it and had to settle for the TouchPad.
    Yep for what he does, the Touchpad is perfect: Gmail, Maps, Docs, Youtube and Plus are things that I use on a daily basis that the iPad 2 does not do well.
    What he needs is a large screen portable web broswer. He don't do much.

However, for others there is things like Citrix, Sales Force, Office editing with Good Reader, Readle; RSA Token on iPad;; Salesforce, Good for Enterprise, device management with Boxtone, Airwatchl Netflix, SlingBox, Verizon Xfinity, TimeWarner, Optimum for Ipad, HBOGo, CinemaxGo; Sharepoint, Presenations on Large screens conference rooms.

It would seem the public is looking for more than just a giant portable web browser. I keep seeing the flash reference, but know one has yet to offer an explanation as to why flash, an important part of the "web experience" is lacking on one tablet, which happens to be the best seller, and other tablets which offer flash have dismal market penetration. How can all these iPad "sheep" survive without flash? Why is a non flash device dominating the tablet market going on two years running? The ipad is selling to all walks of life and various income levels. Are all these people just duped? Is Apple that good at brainwashing an entire planet, 'cause right now the iPad is the best selling tablet on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post

It would seem the public is looking for more than just a giant portable web browser. I keep seeing the flash reference, but know one has yet to offer an explanation as to why flash, an important part of the "web experience" is lacking on one tablet, which happens to be the best seller, and other tablets which offer flash have dismal market penetration. How can all these iPad "sheep" survive without flash? Why is a non flash device dominating the tablet market going on two years running? The ipad is selling to all walks of life and various income levels. Are all these people just duped? Is Apple that good at brainwashing an entire planet, 'cause right now the iPad is the best selling tablet on the planet.
    From what I have experienced they simply don't know that when they buy it.

I have relatives and friends that have bought the Ipads and are surprised when some sites don't work for them.

I am sure sure most of the readers here would be shocked to learn that some people don't spend hours on the internet reading about things they plan to purchase. Astoundingly they seem to rely on the commercials they see on TV to inform them on how awesome their purchase will be.

I also don't really expect them to see the irony of Apple's 1984 style "Big Brother/Think different" ads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shillelagh View Post

I have relatives and friends that have bought the Ipads and are surprised when some sites don't work for them.

I am sure sure most of the readers here would be shocked to learn that some people don't spend hours on the internet reading about things they plan to purchase. Astoundingly they seem to rely on the commercials they see on TV to inform them on how awesome their purchase will be.
    Yup. Or conversely, they just assume no competing product supports it either. Basically, if the apple product doesn’t do it, none of the others do it either.

Case in point, at Thanksgiving my sister wanted me to configure her skype account to recognize our parents’ account. I pulled out my phone to log into our parents’ account and send her a “friend” request. She was completely perplexed how I could do it with the phone and not be logged into a wifi connection.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shillelagh View Post

I also don't really expect them to see the irony of Apple's 1984 style "Big Brother/Think different" ads
    There's always a few in the dark. But millions and millions and millions sold.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12