1.    #1  
    Thinking about selling my TP and pre-ordering ASUS Transformer Prime. I'm hoping to get $250 for my 32G so I'll have to add $250 to get the Prime.

What do you guys think?
    Thats my plan, selling my 32g and case/keyboard for 240 and buying a prime or tegra 3 tablet soon, i like being able to use a mouse/keyboard with the prime...and of course the app market, i cannot stand the webos market anymore, i need my apps!
    That's what I'm trying to do.
    cm7 will give u apps
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Thinking about selling my TP and pre-ordering ASUS Transformer Prime. I'm hoping to get $250 for my 32G so I'll have to add $250 to get the Prime.

What do you guys think?
    Keep the touch pad , better value all round
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Used for $250? I've seen a number of New with a buy-it-now of 250/260. Good luck.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Used for $250? I've seen a number of New with a buy-it-now of 250/260. Good luck.
    I have the HP case and another new leather case. Mine's been in the HP Case and has had a screen protector from day 1. Not desperate to sell so I may just keep it as a spare or give it away as gift if I get the Prime.
    That tablet right now is way over priced... Way! It certainly isn't better than an ipad 2 for experience at this point, once the price drops under 400 it will be worth the price imo. I'm sure there will more stable cm7 builds for the tp to hold over.
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/28/2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Keep the touch pad , better value all round
    I was looking at a video on the Prime a few minutes ago. Was going to suggest that HP use the Prime as a basis for designing the TouchPad 2 in another thread. I like what I see in the Prime. It is sleek and looks like an ultra-portable notebook when attached to the keyboard (hint hint HP). I will be keeping my TouchPad regardless of HP's decision. However, if HP does kill webOS, I will buy a Prime and use my TouchPad as a hobby device.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Eh, asus prime, specs aren't that impressive... Guess quad core is cool, but why when no tablet app uses it...

Either way, your looking at an android tablet with specs fairly comparable to the touchpad. Why not just toss ics on your tp when it arrives in a month or two and save the cash for more worthwhile pursuits? :-)

You'll end up with a top quality ics android tablet running 1.5-1.7ghz on dual cores with the same 1 gig of ram and similar storage space. In the meantime till things are stable, cm7 and webos do a fine job of handling all of my tablet needs, including keyboard/mouse use on cm7 :-).
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Eh, asus prime, specs aren't that impressive... Guess quad core is cool, but why when no tablet app uses it...

Either way, your looking at an android tablet with specs fairly comparable to the touchpad. Why not just toss ics on your tp when it arrives in a month or two and save the cash for more worthwhile pursuits? :-)

You'll end up with a top quality ics android tablet running 1.5-1.7ghz on dual cores with the same 1 gig of ram and similar storage space. In the meantime till things are stable, cm7 and webos do a fine job of handling all of my tablet needs, including keyboard/mouse use on cm7 :-).
    Good advice. I still haven't installed cm7 because I keep reading there are issues such as youtube stuttering and short battery life, even with alpha 3. :-(
    The ASUS is better than the TP, just in build quality and features alone. I love webOS but I already sold both my TP's for the very same reason. Once ICS is release the Prime will be an excellent tablet. Heck, even the original Transformer with ICS would be better.