Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree24Likes
    I will choose the tp because the bigger screen is easier to read txt. Also, tp has cm7 and pb just promises. Finally tp looks cooler and not like a giant gps.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    The things freaking huge; it weighs a ton. But I bought it anyways. Figure I could sell it for the $200 most likely and not really lose anything. I'm kinda annoyed with myself though. It came with the Touchstone Charger. When I saw the cable I just figured it was a detachable USB cable. Nope. And I don't have any micro usb cables. =\
    The hits keep coming, and they're not the kind that's on Billboards to 100.

WSJ: RIM Takes PlayBook Hit

How close are we to a $99 Playbook? Anyone want to venture a guess?

There are so many key items but here is a couple:

The large charge transforms the PlayBook launch—marred by poor reviews, a confused marketing strategy and dismal sales...

The company said it sold just 150,000 of the devices in the fiscal third quarter, down from 200,000 the previous period and 500,000...

The Touchpad was out for less time, went defunct and still managed to beat out the Playbook in numbers? How can this be? I wonder what will happen if Meg release another tablet? Will RIM sink even lower?

Didn't those Taiwanese blogs say earlier in the year RIM cut back on production? I wonder if the those junk Taiwanese blogs are responsible for the poor sales?

Ahh poor RIM. They came to a gunfight carrying a pocket knife. And the blade wasn't even sharp.

Ah well I'm sure there is an expert around here somewhere...
    Last edited by sinsin07; 12/02/2011 at 09:13 PM.
    What is sad is the Playbook has great hardware and the OS is quite good as well. But RIM has so many unfulfilled promises that keep getting postponed. If OS 2.0 is as good as it seems, the Playbook will be a solid tablet, but who knows what it will bring, especially with RIM behind it.
    Bit late to this discussion but I have just bought a discounted Playbook (£169) and I really like it. I am a long-term webOS user (still have my Pre- and have had a Pre3 since August) but couldn't snag a TP at firesale prices in the summer (greedy profiteerers are a whole other story...).

Anyway, I really like my PB, it's a great portable size, the battery is quite good and the browser does pretty much most things I need (the app store isn't quite as bad as people make out - there are some good programs in there - but it is a bit bare). The hardware is solid and the software is...well, very good, being 'inspired' by webOS. The cards aren't quite as nice as webOS (scrolling is a bit springy and it isn't as fun to flick away apps) but on the whole I am pleased with my purchase. Native email/calendar/contacts and greater video compatibility comes in two days with OS 2.0 too, so excited about that.

Maybe if I can find a TP for around the £100 mark one day I will buy it, but the PB certainly fulfills my needs for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoe24 View Post
    What is sad is the Playbook has great hardware and the OS is quite good as well. But RIM has so many unfulfilled promises that keep getting postponed. If OS 2.0 is as good as it seems, the Playbook will be a solid tablet, but who knows what it will bring, especially with RIM behind it.
    Playbook has sturdier hardware....
    fxspec06 likes this.
    if all goes well i should be getting a free playbook soon b/c of dev promotion.

i'll post some impressions here when it comes in.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    if all goes well i should be getting a free playbook soon b/c of dev promotion.

i'll post some impressions here when it comes in.
    You may have a problem since I vaguely remember that dev promotion is for Playbook OS 2.0 apps and your app is listed as 1.0 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    You may have a problem since I vaguely remember that dev promotion is for Playbook OS 2.0 apps and your app is listed as 1.0 or higher.
    I got an email saying that my app was qualified and as soon as it was approved I'd receive an email requesting shipping information.

So I think I'm good. It was approved earlier, someone in IRC said the next email takes a day or two...

*crossing fingers*
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    I already got the shipping email. Either my playbook is in the mail right now or it'll be in the mail very shortly.

Just playing the waiting game for now ...

12.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I already got the shipping email. Either my playbook is in the mail right now or it'll be in the mail very shortly.

Just playing the waiting game for now ...
    Did you get it?

Your thoughts if you did....
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567