1.    #1  
    i followed your excellent tutorial on how to create a ext3fs partition via the alternative non-doctor approach. all steps executed without a problem, and i finished by rebooting via "reboot" command. upon the startup, TP prompted me for language, country, and wireless setup as though it was brand new out of the box. then it prompted me to login into my webos account. once i entered the values and hit submit, it would sit in busy state forever. after a while i restarted TP and created a new account, but with the same results. i even let it sit there overnight, but it was still in busy state in the morning. could someone please let me know what i should do. i really do not mind starting over, just do not know how. also, if i need to blow away the ext3fs partition, please let me know how to do it manually without the doctor-based use. thank you!!!
    Last edited by DrBeavis; 11/08/2011 at 01:08 AM.
  2.    #2  
    nevermind, i figured it out. just restarted TP in usb mode, then ran webos doctor. that did the trick.
    There's a homebrew app called Tailor that will let you set your partitions on the fly without accessing the linux terminal.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    There's a homebrew app called Tailor that will let you set your partitions on the fly without accessing the linux terminal.
    Note that it is in alpha testing, and it not recommended for casual recommendation to new users without the accompanying warnings and disclaimers associated with the alpha testing feeds at testing.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals