1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

Can anyone that has tried the Cyanogen port of Android confirm the support (or lack) of adhoc networking?

If so, I'm ready to jump ship.
    First result says: Yes.

Longer answer - Absolutely. I have personally used ad-hoc wifi on android on the touchpad. Still, at the current alpha state you need to do quite a bit of tweaking before you have a totally stable platform. I wouldn't recommend it for a casual user until it has been updated just a bit further and they've worked out some of the more major bugs like the fairly frequent crashes, sleeps of death, etc. There are some workarounds for many of these problems even in the alpha, but again, it's -not- casual use territory.

Either way, they don't like us talking about touchpads running android over in these here parts.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    <thread moved>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    First result says: Yes.

Longer answer - Absolutely. I have personally used ad-hoc wifi on android on the touchpad. Still, at the current alpha state you need to do quite a bit of tweaking before you have a totally stable platform. I wouldn't recommend it for a casual user until it has been updated just a bit further and they've worked out some of the more major bugs like the fairly frequent crashes, sleeps of death, etc. There are some workarounds for many of these problems even in the alpha, but again, it's -not- casual use territory.

Either way, they don't like us talking about touchpads running android over in these here parts.
    Much thanks for the response. That's really my only gripe with WebOS on TP: lack of true ad-hoc networking support. Although, maybe the right way to say it is Win XP sucks for not supporting infrastructure mode AP!