Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kitsunisan
  1.    #1  
    No surprise other than how quickly this has appears to have come about.

HP unveils new Slate tablet after killing off TouchPad - Technology - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News
    In for two at next month's fire sale.
    cujoq37 and MrAlBobo like this.
    Stop-gap till M$oft actually gets Win 8 working?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Exactly right. Stop-gap placeholder until the WP8 blue screen of death arrives.
    $700? Not going to sell very many, IMO. The 7" TP GO would sell better than this will.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Slate 2 is a business product and if you have tried to get a Slate 500, you pretty much can't. They were a limited run product but in high demand. They go for a premium on eBay and other resellers. This is not a TP. It's a handheld Windows PC (and it's not the mobile OS.)

I do wish it had GPS, an accelerometer and compass in it. It would do EVERYTHING I want on top of running ANY Windows applications. WWLAN is available so that is a plus.

I plan on getting one at some point.
    I expect this to be as successful as all the other Windows tablet computers before.

Perhaps W8 will be a success - perhaps not. But at least that will be adapted to touch.

Classic Windows on a tablet device with a stylus in a post-IPad touch-oriented world?
    This will flop so hard it'll make the pre-firesale TP look like a winner.

shrug
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    It's not a consumer tablet. You have to get past that to understand its market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    Slate 2 is a business product and if you have tried to get a Slate 500, you pretty much can't. They were a limited run product but in high demand. They go for a premium on eBay and other resellers. This is not a TP. It's a handheld Windows PC (and it's not the mobile OS.)

I do wish it had GPS, an accelerometer and compass in it. It would do EVERYTHING I want on top of running ANY Windows applications. WWLAN is available so that is a plus.

I plan on getting one at some point.
    To the others here;
    Awats is trying to tell you that this is a PC or a Laptop that is crammed into what looks like a tablet. Think of the Slate as your home computer (big work) that your TP (small work) connects to.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Right I am often involved in the purchase of such items so that a worker can run a single enterprise application while on the go.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk