Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nappy
  1.    #1  
    So I just saw a release video for the Lenovo Thinkpad:

Tablet PC ThinkPad with Android OS | Learn | Lenovo | (US)

And I gotta say, it looks pretty cool. It may not be the sexiest design, but it had what I wish the touchpad did... PORTS! It has a standard USB, microUSB, micro HDMI, standard and micro SD slots. In my mind this makes the tablet FAR more utilitarian. It is even set up to accept a standard usb keyboard and mouse, even a usb hard drive! couple that with the keyboard/case that tethers by USB to save battery, and a stylus with integrated handwriting recognition out of the box.
    This thing really has a lot going for it. Makes me sad for what could have been, had webOS had a company who was willing to put some effort into it. -sigh-
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I agree. I have a Lenovo X201 Tablet and absolutely love it. I was hoping the HP Touchpad with CM7 ported will allow me to use a stylus like the Adonit Jot for note taking, but the response is horrible and I don't think I'll ever be able to. I want to try the Jot with the iPad and if it does a better job with apps like Bamboo Paper, I may just switch to the iPad. Or the Lenovo tablet.
    You know, just like webOS phones, the Lenovo ThinkPad tablet just mysteriously won a Laptop Magazine poll too!
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    PORTS! It has a standard USB, microUSB, micro HDMI, standard and micro SD slots. In my mind this makes the tablet FAR more utilitarian. It is even set up to accept a standard usb keyboard and mouse, even a usb hard drive! couple that with the keyboard/case that tethers by USB to save battery,
    FWIW, the ASUS Transformer, when paired to the keyboard dock has all of this too. Inculding a second USB host port. Useful for direct copying of files from say, a CF cardreader directly onto a USB HDD.

It also has a second battery in the keyboard that gives batt life into the teens.

-Suntan