Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    I agree that webOS is the better platform, from a usability perspective but unless HP decides to license it out, I predict Android to win the mobility wars. Why? In all of the tech wars it isn't the best product that wins but the one that is most universal and the most marketing.

Why does the world run on Microsoft instead of Apple? Microsoft licensed their product to every computer manufacturer, while Apple remained proprietary. Why did VHS beat BetaMax? More manufacturers using that standard. This is why Android will win. All of the manufacturers using Android have more combined advertising dollars and can provide more choices for the consumer than either Apple oh HP by themselves.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I agree that webOS is the better platform, from a usability perspective but unless HP decides to license it out, I predict Android to win the mobility wars. Why? In all of the tech wars it isn't the best product that wins but the one that is most universal and the most marketing.

Why does the world run on Microsoft instead of Apple? Microsoft licensed their product to every computer manufacturer, while Apple remained proprietary. Why did VHS beat BetaMax? More manufacturers using that standard. This is why Android will win. All of the manufacturers using Android have more combined advertising dollars and can provide more choices for the consumer than either Apple oh HP by themselves.
    True enough, it's all about the numbers and critical mass ... Take my latest iOS app purchase, Garage Band, they have just made it universal so not only can I use it immediately on my iPod Touch 3GS but also on the iPad I am planning on buying.

For $5 it's a no-brainer.

I've even bought an app specifically for the iPad I don't yet have because it had an introductory price of $0.99, the app is Animoog and if the reviews are anything to go on it's quality stuff.

I doubt that Android (in whatever flavour) will see such polished apps, never mind webOS.

When it comes down to it I don't care whether I'm using iOS, webOS or Android ... It's all about the functionality it brings.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12