1.    #1  
    Just a heads up, OfficeSuite Pro is Amazon's free app of the day today. It is regularly $14.99.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Wish I could get it now, in anticipation for a more stable Android on the TP. Can you?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3.    #3  
    As for as I know you have to download straight to the device. The Alpha 2.1 is pretty stable. I don't use Android much yet, but likely will in the future. To me it is worth having it installed for situations like this. That way I will have the apps when ICS is ported to the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    As for as I know you have to download straight to the device.
    Not exactly. You just have to have a device initially "registered" to your Amazon account. Then you can get the FAOTD from any web browser by going to the Amazon website.

I originally bought a Moto Xoom and set it up with android market and Amazon app store, but then returned it because the Xoom was a piece of crap. I got a different android tablet a month or two later but was able to “add” the various FAOTD selections I wanted to my Amazon account throughout that period.

So long story short, you just need access to an android device long enough to load the Amazon appstore app and set it up in your Amazon account. Then you can get the FAOTD titles added to your account and then download them to a future device at a later time.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Not exactly. You just have to have a device initially "registered" to your Amazon account. Then you can get the FAOTD from any web browser by going to the Amazon website.

I originally bought a Moto Xoom and set it up with android market and Amazon app store, but then returned it because the Xoom was a piece of crap. I got a different android tablet a month or two later but was able to “add” the various FAOTD selections I wanted to my Amazon account throughout that period.

So long story short, you just need access to an android device long enough to load the Amazon appstore app and set it up in your Amazon account. Then you can get the FAOTD titles added to your account and then download them to a future device at a later time.

-Suntan
    And if you are not in a territory supported (i.e. us poor old Australian/Austrians) then you have to set your one-click purchase settings to:

- A valid US postal address
    - A valid US credit card number (a pre-paid card sourced from the states, or whatever ...)

Another source of free apps, excellent.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

-Suntan
    I have an old device registered
    I was able to get this from my iPhone
    Amazon takes you through a standard checkout so you don't need to do it from the device
    DEFINITELY took advantage of this yesterday. Fantastic deal, being $14.99 regularly.