Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Hypothetically speaking...

As HP are testing windows8 on webOS hardware for a reference platform, then there could be a slim glimmer of hope for a new webOS TAB after all?

I wonder if they will use the same chip set family for the new Win8 tablet which could help the porting of open webOS to it? Or maybe HP using WebOS as their own linux variant for the new hardware where this could be purchased through the online store leaving the windows model for the average consumer outlets?

One can dream
    Quote Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
    Hypothetically speaking...

As HP are testing windows8 on webOS hardware for a reference platform, then there could be a slim glimmer of hope for a new webOS TAB after all?

I wonder if they will use the same chip set family for the new Win8 tablet which could help the porting of open webOS to it? Or maybe HP using WebOS as their own linux variant for the new hardware where this could be purchased through the online store leaving the windows model for the average consumer outlets?

One can dream
    there are, after all, may versions of "choice" around...
    Windows on Arm is supposed to ship with some version of UEFI.

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/blog/2012/jan/12/microsoft-confirms-UEFI-fears-locks-down-ARM/

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I would like to know if I could put the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my HP Touchpad, couldn't there be some way?
    <<threads merged>>
    thought the preview was x86 not arm, even if it ran on arm, ist not like you can run any of your normal windows applications, their still x86?
    I wanted to see how many of you would like this platform with a dual boot option on your TouchPad. We know how many of you are liking the CM9 on it. If it was possible, would you load it up?
    Sure, why not. Having more extra options never hurts.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Yes, for sure.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Depends on the apps available. For me (and I think for a lot of us here) it wasn't that we really wanted to play around with Android, but rather that we just wanted access to its apps. So if windows 8 delivers an impressive app selection I could see myself possibly giving it a shot - unless of course OpenMobile delivers the goods on webOS first.
    <<threads merged>>
    I hate to be the sole voice of opposition, but I had a Developer's Preview of Windows 8. It seemed a bit clunky and cluttered to me. I'm still happy with WebOS, so I would say "NO", at this point. It's interesting that I originally purchased the TP because I heard that Ubuntu and Android could be installed. I had never experienced a WebOS device before. Once I started playing with it, I decided not to install Ubuntu or Android. I'm still using WebOS because it simply works for me.

I've been reading for months, all of these "horror" stories about glitches in tablet OS' . Honestly, I've not experienced any issues with WebOS on any of our 3 TP's, other than that occasional "scratchy sound" issue.

In summary, I probably would not purchase a new tablet with Windows 8 as an OS, and doubt I would I install it as a free option. If WebOS is not available in the future, I may consider Android.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12