Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Suntan
  1.    #1  
    I know that there is a lot of excitement about finally getting android on the TP, and with the ICS release info out now there is a lot of talk about that too, but another interesting release announcement (of sorts) was made in tablet-land yesterday too.

The next generation ASUS Transformer was shown in a YouTube video. Not a lot to see in the video but it is reported to be (one of) the first tablets that will be available with a 4 core Kal El processor. It also continues the tradition of having a dockable keyboard to turn it into a netbook-like laptop.

Things are going to get interesting in tablet-land.

-Suntan
    Looks nice but I won't be giving up my touchpad for a long time. For me having a dual boot tablet means more than just a faster single OS tablet... if that makes sense to anyone !
    Last edited by DemonHighwayman; 10/19/2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
    I will be buying both an ICS phone and tablet.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    Looks nice but I won't be giving up my touchpad for a long time. For me having a dual boot tablet means more than just a faster single OS tablet... if that makes sense to anyone !
    Yeah, I wouldn’t say it makes sense to update if a person already has a “1st gen” tablet. I have the original transformer and the new one won’t really do things that the old one can’t for at least another 4 or 5 months. Even then only games will really show a difference.

That said, if a person is into gaming on tablets/phones the lighting and physics effects that are available with the added processing power are pretty impressive, based on some of the videos nvidia has released.

-Suntan
    That new TF looks sexy, but I've yet to push my current TF past its limits, so it's a pass for me. But I do like how things are progressing in the Android tablet space. Asus is supposedly working on ICS for the current Transformer, gotta love a company that is so prompt with the updates (we had each point release soon after they were released by Google) -- this is why my next tablet will also be an Asus, they've earned my loyalty with this one.
    ICS on the TP and will buy a new ICS phone. so will be good for atleast a year.
    It looks super freaking thin in the hand, crazy.