1.    #1  
    Yes im brand new to this site . I just got a brand new hp touch pad . Im seeing all over the net that you can mod the touch pad to make it have androd on the touch pad ??? Every where that i have looked just shows you and shows you how it works ... No one shows you how to install it on to your touch pad . Can some one help me >???? THX
    It's not released yet.
    It is not ready yet...please be patient
    You can have it now with No sound and basic functionality only...soon though give it time. Hope you did not buy a Touchpad just because you wanted to flip it to Android. You would be missing out on all the webOS goodness. It is a great device as is with a few tweaks.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn101 View Post
    Yes im brand new to this site . I just got a brand new hp touch pad . Im seeing all over the net that you can mod the touch pad to make it have androd on the touch pad ??? Every where that i have looked just shows you and shows you how it works ... No one shows you how to install it on to your touch pad . Can some one help me >???? THX
    Give webOS a proper try in the meantime. You might like it.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    It's almost out now, apparently code has been submitted for review. Here is the most up to date info I can find:
    Port progress:
    CyanogenMod Port to HP Touchpad Status (Doesn't mean final release)

Issues remaining:
    Critical: 0
    High: 3
    Medium: 9
    Low: 10
    Total issues remaining: 22
    Please note that list above is subject to change at any time. Issues may be found that have not been seen yet.

What currently works:
    COMPLETE Booting into Android
    COMPLETE ADB commands via ADB
    COMPLETE Power, back/home and volume button layout
    COMPLETE Touchscreen support (Multi-touch, 10 fingers)
    COMPLETE GPU Acceleration (2D Acceleration doesn't work, but not a release blocker)
    COMPLETE Dual CPU Processor (Both cores are enabled)
    COMPLETE Bluetooth (Fixed 9/24)
    COMPLETE Sound
    COMPLETE Accelerometer
    COMPLETE Power Management (Fixed 10/4)
    COMPLETE Battery Reporting (Fixed 9/29)
    COMPLETE Vibration (Fixed 9/26)
    COMPLETE Backlight (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE LED (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE Multiboot (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE Clockwork Recovery (Fixed 9/30)
    COMPLETE Fast Switch Boot (Appears fixed to me Video Update 9/23)
    COMPLETE Fake SD card Mount (Fixed 9/26)
    COMPLETE Light Sensor (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE Softkeys
    COMPLETE Camera (Fixed 10/7)
    COMPLETE Reboot to WebOS menu item
    COMPLETE Wifi (Fixed 10/9)
    Partially Compass (Bugs need to be worked out)

Fixed bugs:
    FIXED Touchscreen turns off when accelerometer is disabled
    FIXED CPU stays on max frequency when screen is on
    FIXED Touchstone works and charges, but no event is raised to show you it's charging (Fixed 10/6)
    FIXED Touchscreen events (touches) are ignored after sleep (Fixed 10/5)
    FIXED No memsleep - Sleep Issues for Wifi (Fixed 10/9)
    FIXED Sh exceeds the open file limit (Error when attaching USB cord - Fixed 10/9)
    FIXED Investigate another source for GFX props (Not sure what this is. 2D acceleration stuff? Anyone know, I'll look around - Fixed 10/9)
    *FIXED Airplane mode stays on once turned on
    *FIXED Screen stays blank for 10 second before boot animation appears (Fixed 10/9) (Confirmed in IRC)

What does not currently work:
    Gyroscope

What currently being worked on:
    Integrate divx codec into CM7 (Started 10/6)
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Great, nothing is tracking as being a 'critical issue' - I'm pretty confident we will get something this week.
    Integrate divx codec into CM7
    That could seal the deal for me. Android and its apps are ugly as sin but native divx would be a killer app for me (assuming of course they're talking about hardware accelerated divx - otherwise no benefit over Kalemsoft)
    Rockplayer already plays almost everything imaginable on Android (and very, very well), so I'm assuming that their inclusion of the codec goes beyond software acceleration.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUNOGABBAGABBA View Post
    You can have it now with No sound and basic functionality only...soon though give it time. Hope you did not buy a Touchpad just because you wanted to flip it to Android. You would be missing out on all the webOS goodness. It is a great device as is with a few tweaks.
    I address why the CM7 port is a FAR more worthy effort--and keeps webOS while adding Android--right over here: http://forums.precentral.net/other-t...ml#post3203011