Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  1.    #1  
    Bb just slashed the rim playbook by $200 and its expected to go the FULL tp route in the next week or so in the wake of the amazon fire announcement. Apple is expected to drop the refurbished 16gb ipad1 leftovers that have full warranty and are like new for $150 in mid-october whjch is a major bargain. It does everything the ipad2 does but has no cameras and is a smidge heavier. Those who bought extea firesale tps as profiteers better sell off quickly or have a lot of bathrooms to put them in. I'll. Bet the ipad3 due early next year will be priced half of what it is now and the ipod touch dies. Fun times ahead
  2. #2  
    from where are you getting this info?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    from where are you getting this info?
    Ever hear of google. Plus usa today broke the bb firesale story this morning.
  4. #4  
    A few things -

    Blackberry Playbook < iPad 2

    Old merchandise from Apple is recycled and reused more than it is sold at firesale prices.

    This is in the wrong forum. Moved.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    A few things -

    Blackberry Playbook < iPad 2

    Old merchandise from Apple is recycled and reused more than it is sold at firesale prices.

    This is in the wrong forum. Moved.
    And where do you get your expert info about apple merchandise? You are so wrong. Ive biught a few refurbushed apple items -- a 2011 macbook oro, a late 2010 macbook air, an ipad.1 and they are like new. Get the full apple warranty and you can buy applecare that guves you a 3 year warranty. The refurbs are better than brand new because they get additiinal quality control, cost less than new and are usually initially returned because the customer had buyers remorse not because if damage. I believe you movdf thus unfairly.
  6. #6  
    I would actually purchase a refurb iPad 1 from Apple for $150, but I don't see that happening.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    And where do you get your expert info about apple merchandise? You are so wrong. Ive biught a few refurbushed apple items -- a 2011 macbook oro, a late 2010 macbook air, an ipad.1 and they are like new. Get the full apple warranty and you can buy applecare that guves you a 3 year warranty. The refurbs are better than brand new because they get additiinal quality control, cost less than new and are usually initially returned because the customer had buyers remorse not because if damage. I believe you movdf thus unfairly.
    You had this in the touchpad forums. You didn't even mention the TP in your post.

    Anyway, enough of that.

    What I was saying is that Apple stores don't simply mark down the old merchandise. 3rd party retailers do. I wasn't saying that Apple doesn't sell refurbs, in fact, the opposite. I said recycle and reuse.

    Either way, I don't think waiting for an Apple firesale is worth it unless you catch retailers at the right time. Even then, don't expect an iPad 2 for 199.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    sinsin07 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Apple stores dont handle refurbs. Refurbs are ONLY sold through apple.com and are refurbed strictly by apple NOT any third party. Thats why apple gives the FULL warranty of one year and 90 day phone support AND alliws you to buy three year applecare. In other words, its like buying a new unit at a pretty nice discount. If you go to apple.com and click on store and go to the bottom all the refurbs are listed. Hope this clears it up.


    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    You had this in the touchpad forums. You didn't even mention the TP in your post.

    Anyway, enough of that.

    What I was saying is that Apple stores don't simply mark down the old merchandise. 3rd party retailers do. I wasn't saying that Apple doesn't sell refurbs, in fact, the opposite. I said recycle and reuse.

    Either way, I don't think waiting for an Apple firesale is worth it unless you catch retailers at the right time. Even then, don't expect an iPad 2 for 199.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Apple stores dont handle refurbs. Refurbs are ONLY sold through apple.com and are refurbed strictly by apple NOT any third party. Thats why apple gives the FULL warranty of one year and 90 day phone support AND alliws you to buy three year applecare. In other words, its like buying a new unit at a pretty nice discount. If you go to apple.com and click on store and go to the bottom all the refurbs are listed. Hope this clears it up.
    lol. No confusion here. I said Apple sells refurbs, did not mention stores. Last time I checked, Apple.com is Apple. Also, I never doubted the good sense it is to buy refurbs, nor did I state anything like that. I do agree that buying a refurb from Apple is a very good idea especially for the 100 dollar discount. The discount is nice, for sure, but you will never see a refurb iPad for 199 from Apple.com or Apple itself.

    Heavy discounts like that will only be at 3rd party retailers and only if they cannot sell them otherwise. Retailers like Best Buy and Walmart aren't have said problems, so you will not see a 199 new or refurbed iPad 2.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    sinsin07 likes this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Bb just slashed the rim playbook by $200 and its expected to go the FULL tp route in the next week or so in the wake of the amazon fire announcement. Apple is expected to drop the refurbished 16gb ipad1 leftovers that have full warranty and are like new for $150 in mid-october whjch is a major bargain. It does everything the ipad2 does but has no cameras and is a smidge heavier. Those who bought extea firesale tps as profiteers better sell off quickly or have a lot of bathrooms to put them in. I'll. Bet the ipad3 due early next year will be priced half of what it is now and the ipod touch dies. Fun times ahead
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    And where do you get your expert info...snip
    And where do you get your expert info?
    1: $150 iPad 1 in mid October
    2: iPouch Touch dies
    3: Full TP route

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    "...Bet the ipad3 due early next year will be priced half of what it is now..."
    Don't bet to much or you might be running around in your tidy whities.
  11. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Ever hear of google.
    And all I read is always one blogger saying one thing, then a thouand people report that thing is facts --- but nobody actually try to verify anything via second source.

Posting Permissions