1.    #1  
    In-depth: The Windows 8 Touch Experience

Check out my impressions of Windows 8 running on a tablet!

I actually own all 3 major tablets due to my job, so I have experience with the iPad 2, Touchpad, and Galaxy Tab 10.1. The experience I have with all major platforms is reflected in this write up.

If you guys have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I installed the developer preview on my convertible tablet and have to agree with most of the points you make.

I personally don't even mind if they let you actually close the program. Suspending everything might actually make more sense these days. ... Just let me remove the damn app from the UI so I don't have to swipe through 10 different things to get to what I want. I really think they should incorporate a "close" button, even if it only suspends, when doing the up swipe from the bottom or down swipe from the top... have it come up when you pull up the app menu.

Anything you an say about the developer hardware though? I'm really interested in the Series 7 Slate that developer tablet is based on. I've been hearing the fan is an issue, but I find that the Win8 preview runs a little hotter on my machine as well, so I hope it's better with Win7 installed (and in later Win8 builds).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I installed the developer preview on my convertible tablet and have to agree with most of the points you make.

I personally don't even mind if they let you actually close the program. Suspending everything might actually make more sense these days. ... Just let me remove the damn app from the UI so I don't have to swipe through 10 different things to get to what I want. I really think they should incorporate a "close" button, even if it only suspends, when doing the up swipe from the bottom or down swipe from the top... have it come up when you pull up the app menu.

Anything you an say about the developer hardware though? I'm really interested in the Series 7 Slate that developer tablet is based on. I've been hearing the fan is an issue, but I find that the Win8 preview runs a little hotter on my machine as well, so I hope it's better with Win7 installed (and in later Win8 builds).
    You can hear the fan, and the device does get pretty hot, but the tablet is actually not slated to ever release with Windows 8. It will be shipped with Windows 7 instead.

My guess is, you will see a lot more ARM-based tablets when Win8 finally ships.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Metro UI is clean. But damn it if it isn't so dang boring.
    Wow, that looks like it has a lot of potential. Exciting stuff

(V) {;,,,;} (V) < Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Metro UI is clean. But damn it if it isn't so dang boring.
    I was about to agree with you, then I thought about it some more and decided I disagree with you, but then I thought about it even more and realized I do agree with you, but now that I'm typing this reply, I'm not sure if I agree with you or not.

Metro is a weird thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I was about to agree with you, then I thought about it some more and decided I disagree with you, but then I thought about it even more and realized I do agree with you, but now that I'm typing this reply, I'm not sure if I agree with you or not.

Metro is a weird thing.
    It is weird. At one moment I'll like it, then the next I'm annoyed with it.