• 1 Post By laoh
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....see link.

take care,

Jay

Employee only sale triggers BlackBerry PlayBook fire-sale speculation
    Posted on 18. Sep, 2011 by Albert Madison in Tablets

Employee only sale triggers BlackBerry PlayBook fire-sale speculation | Tablets Planet

A potentially harmless employee only sale up in Canada at Rogers stores for the RIM BlackBerry PlayBook tablet has caused the Internet to start reporting on a potential mass fire-sale for the 7-inch tablet.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    mjkjr likes this.
    There was a coupon that many people got for $200 off a playbook at staples; it ended yesterday. I'd say the fire sale is in full swing already. (I didn't get the coupon, or I'd be on the playbook forums right now!)
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha... Im gonna buy atleast 20 I WILL BE AHED OF THE GAME THIS TIME
    Well if RIM wants to gain huge market share, they should firesale the Playbook w/o discontinuing it. Show HP how it's done, lol.
    mjkjr likes this.
    for $99, I'd buy a playbook.
    mjkjr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    for $99, I'd buy a playbook.
    Me too.
    But what will we do with it? No apps and no homebrew.
    mjkjr likes this.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Me too.
    But what will we do with it? No apps and no homebrew.
    Add to my Frisbee collection
    No apps? More than the Touchpad has, I'd say.

Android apps on PlayBook eyes-on (video) -- Engadget
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    is the playbook better than a touchpad? i don't know if i could afford another firesale tablet at this point in time
    Hard to say if it's better. It doesn't have webOS or Touchstone charging or exhibition or TTS (not that any of us can actually make use of TTS).

But if you put importance on apps, having the ability to natively run Android apps gives the Playbook a significant edge.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Well if this was to happen I'll be getting one or 80 of them for sure. At least give it a chance you know, unlike the chance I had to get a fairly priced TouchPad
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...