1.    #1  
    Hi guys ,
    I need to ask you few questions :

Developers are woking so hard to BOOT android on the hp touchpad , is it better than the webos ? what are the benifits ?

If they are working so hard for the android , wouldn't it be better if they boot windows 8 on the touchpad ? Is it even possible to run windows 8 on it ?
    android vs webos = different strokes for different folks.
    windows 8 on touchpad = no. wasnt meant for this processor architecture.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well actually Windows 8 will run on ARM. But I'm not sure the TP is going to be beefy enough to run it when it is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by karamayoub_2010 View Post
    Hi guys ,
    I need to ask you few questions :

Developers are woking so hard to BOOT android on the hp touchpad , is it better than the webos ? what are the benifits ?

If they are working so hard for the android , wouldn't it be better if they boot windows 8 on the touchpad ? Is it even possible to run windows 8 on it ?
    I guess some people likes to create challeneges and taking them to the extreme.

Wither webOS is better or Android, that is a question for debate; however, we all know that whomever is interested in Android won't be getting TouchPad and visa-versa. But, I like to think about it as a sweet challenege that even I would like to do sometime when I have enough time.

Windows 8 is a different issue. You should have the source code before getting yourself in an endless loop; this is something that I don't see it coming in the coming weeks and months.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Well actually Windows 8 will run on ARM. But I'm not sure the TP is going to be beefy enough to run it when it is released.
    True that you would be able to get your hand on compiled binaries for Windows 8, but I guess you would get in problems of Drivers and Compatibilities. I guess even if someone succeeded in porting Windows 8, it would be very buggy at the beginning.
  5.    #5  
    thank you guys for the responces .
    In all my life , I have only used windows and Mac , and I can say that Mac is much more powerful bs not as flexible as windows ( my own experiance ).

Now , this is the first time to use the webOS , for the time being I will test it , but is IT WORTH TO to change its operating system into Android ?
    I mean : according to your experiance , is ANDROID more powerfull than webOS ?
    Quote Originally Posted by karamayoub_2010 View Post
    thank you guys for the responces .
    In all my life , I have only used windows and Mac , and I can say that Mac is much more powerful bs not as flexible as windows ( my own experiance ).

Now , this is the first time to use the webOS , for the time being I will test it , but is IT WORTH TO to change its operating system into Android ?
    I mean : according to your experiance , is ANDROID more powerfull than webOS ?
    If you put it this way, then nobody but you can answer such question.

As you have stated in your post, it is one's own experience that determine wither they like this OS or that.

I would say every OS has its own Advantages and Disadvantages ... Use it, discover it, then judge based on your experience ... Nothing to lose, right ?
  7.    #7  
    you are absolutely right, can't wait for the official android version for the touchpad to test it. Thank you guys