Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    Lol, I keep trying to swipe my apps on my IPAD 2. This is such a great feature on the TP. In fact it reminds me of the multiple desktop features in Mac OS Lion. I like it so much that I am now flummoxed when I switch back to the IPAD 2 from the TP.

Nicely done WEBOS / Palm.
    Rnp, Dis and geeksquadkid like this.
    Me too. I've been mostly using the touchpad for idle time stuff and the ipad is for certain things like Ampkit. I keep swiping up, waiting for a moment and then thinking "ugh... ok... CLICK... wait for it to take a picture of the screen and then shrink to the launcher..."
    Rnp and BayAreaTreo like this.
    I've been doing that with my android tablet, then realize "oh yeah, home button."
    mjkjr and Rnp like this.
    I have the same problem but with my Nokia N8.
    Rnp likes this.
    do the same thing when I use my wife's iPad2.... drives me nuts
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    ive gone one worse and caught myself trying to move my hand to the bottom of the screen on my sisters laptop then thinking wth am i doing?
    Rnp, Dis, BayAreaTreo and 3 others like this.
    Same here. That's one thing the TP has all over the iPad...getting rid of things. I upswipe all the time now when I'm on the iPad at work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    ive gone one worse and caught myself trying to move my hand to the bottom of the screen on my sisters laptop then thinking wth am i doing?
    That is funny. I can top it. Was reading the paper the other day and couldn't read a portion of the text. For half a second I thought about using the expansion gesture on the text so I could zoom in and read it with better clarity.

I have to laugh, we must all be too immersed in our tech devices. I like the laptop swipe you mentioned that made me laugh.
    Last edited by BayAreaTreo; 09/14/2011 at 12:19 PM.
    sledge007 and geekpeter like this.
    It even gets worse when you own a webOS phone due to the back swipe gesture. Still wish they would have integrated this into the Touchpad along with the wave bar. I also own an iPad2 and have to stop and actually think what I do next to multitask or close out apps on the iPad.
    Imagine a phone that has even more swipe gestures than Touchpad!! Oh wait...
    it would be nice if the touchpad had the gesture bar like my pre+ does.
    I do that on my netbook.... It doesnt even have a touchscreen. I really have no excuse, I think I need an intervention
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    It even gets worse when you own a webOS phone due to the back swipe gesture. Still wish they would have integrated this into the Touchpad along with the wave bar. I also own an iPad2 and have to stop and actually think what I do next to multitask or close out apps on the iPad.
    yeah done that with the pre3, swiped back etc np, then try same on Tpad and have a temp brain fart, then remember its usually edit menu/close-back-whatever
    I am also often trying to backswipe on my Touchpad thanks to my Preplus. I feel so lazy complaining about reaching up to the top left hand corner (preware, browser) or bottom left hand corner (app catalog).
    Hahahah... yeah... one day, my wife was carrying my 12" laptop (no touch screen) and saw her touching screen with her fingers and asked her "what are you doing?"? then, she realized that it was NOT her Touchpad!!!!

Touchpad gestures are so addictive.
    Last edited by coolguyz11; 09/14/2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Ha! We are the WebOS. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is FUTILE! You have been assimilated!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    LOL Yep I've had a few Swipe fails with my Android phone...

There I was thinking it was only me...........
    Always give myself a good chuckle when I catch myself doing this on non-webOS touchscreens...atm's included...
    BayAreaTreo likes this.
    lol I did exactly this the other day. I don't try it on my iPhone (perhaps the size doesn't make me think about it).

Saying that, i left my office the other day and pressed my car lock button as I walked out. ***? I'm going crazy
    geekpeter likes this.
    HAHAHAHA!!!! I thought I was the only one. On my phone too!
    Aware likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast