Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #1  
    A friend of mine had a thought. I wonder if the version of Windows 8 that supports ARM processors would be able to run on the HP Touchpad? That might be an interesting challenge for someone out there
    That'd be nice! I almost bought a Android tablet a while back, that dualed with Windows. If it was not for a few things like really crappy perfomance and battery capacity on top of a very likely lack of Android update (to Honey...), I'd probably have one by now - instead of the TP.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    wjdunn3 likes this.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I doubt it would work. The TouchPad only has 1gb of memory. How much does w8 need?

alan
    A valid thought, but have in mind that we have seen "light' versions of Windows before ...

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    well windows 7 "needs" only 1gb according to ms. (but it really needs 2... I think they are trying to make windows 8 lighter, so memory wise, it should be fine. But that's going to be one heck of a hacking job. (looks at webOS internals)
    well windows 7 "needs" only 1gb according to ms. (but it really needs 2...) I think they are trying to make windows 8 lighter, so memory wise, it should be fine. But that's going to be one heck of a hacking job. (looks at webOS internals)
    Yeah Windows 8 might be to heavy on the hardware requirements
    Windows 8 is supposed to be lighter than Windows 7. Microsoft is pushing to put this thing on tablets so they kind of need to lighten it.
    I don't know about windows 8 on touchpad, but I can totally see HP or its consumer pc spinoff going back to its longtime partner MS for a tablet solution.
    We find out today if Windows 8 will run on Touchpad, would you run it?
    Definitely, at first I had my doubts, but I'd actually be pretty excited to see what it would be like. It actually looks kind of cool. The idea might just take off.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    I'll try anything. It's why I bought two TPs.
    Is Windows 8 coming out on it's own tablet, or do they hand out software like they do with laptops, that would be pretty cool if you could do that.
    I'm look forward to having Windows 8 on the Touchpad.
    And just how exactly are we going to find out?
    How do you "find out today"? They're not going to have Win8 on a TP at Build today...
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    Is Windows 8 coming out on it's own tablet, or do they hand out software like they do with laptops, that would be pretty cool if you could do that.
    Windows 8 will be like any other Windows OS software. It will be preloaded on devices or you can get the software to load on devices you already own. The only difference it that Windows 8 will be able to run on devices with the ARMs chipset and is optimized for touch screens.

Here's the full 30 minutes unvailing of Windows 8 at Computex 2011.
    check out video at 10 minute mark...almost looks like an advanced version of webOS !
    The best way to keep up with the status of Windows 8 is to follow the Microsoft Building Windows 8 blog.

Microsoft Building Windows 8
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast