Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/09/2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: language
    I have seen a few articles like this. Must be apple sending people out to dampen the atmosphere !
    geeksquadkid and crugeman like this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My mate calls them "Bramley's" ie bitter Apples

That's a bizarre, inaccuaret and ill contrived article though - very bemusing and makes himself look a right prat!
    His local BB probably had 100 touchpads, sadly he was 101st in line. Now his heart is filled with hatred. In his frustration he must have started a holy war on the device he dreamed off but could not get; the Touchpad.
    un_designer and darkzone like this.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    This is at least the 2nd article this clown has written about this. What a tool.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    "Editor in Chief of Beatweek Magazine"

What a joke. I bet he tells people in real life he's the editor in chief of a magazine, and people are rather impressed.
    Next time you come across an idiotic article by some jerk desperate for traffic please just quote the whole thing so I can read it and be outraged without giving them more hits.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    "Eleven Reasons Why You Should Stick With Rolling Stones Magazine Over Beatweek"

1 Apparently the editor in chief is a complete moron (more on that in my next few points)

2 They outright lie in postings on their website with intent to directly mislead consumers from buying a product they don't support (rather than choosing some of the valid shortcomings of the hardware and software on the TP.)

3 The advertisements in the middle of their stories make continuing through a simple (and poorly authored) blog post annoying and headache inducing

4 They offer no substantiation on any claims they make in their blog posts (mostly because they are lies.)

5 They call iOS "easy-as-pie" and claim that webOS has "no place in the hands of mainstream users" when it has been universally hailed as one of the most user friendly and easy to learn interfaces on a mobile platform.

6 The editor in chief also apparently ran out of any points that were closely defensible after #5 so rather than changing the blog to "5 reasons the touchpad might suck" he
    stuck with 10 and further crawled into a moronic abyss

7 On their main page, they have more Apple product reviews and links than any other magazine I have ever seen. With the exception of Apple Magazine (which although I doubt exists.... it probably does.)

8 His #10 was actually #1 again, making the article "nine reasons why the TouchPad is a brick" (but actually isn't because my points are mostly comprised of lies)

9 Back to the "Magazine" itself, the article titled "VMA: Beyonce pregnant with Jay-Z, trumps MTV awards night" has a thumbnail of an iPad.....Yes, I am serious, an iPad as the thumbnail for a story about 2 celebrities and their newly announced fetus...

10 At this point I am actually ahead of Mr. Palmer on defensible arguments, so I can claim that his mother is a cow, a full fledged heifer... Also, his father is ******... See how amazing life is when you don't have to prove anything!!!???

11 And to top it off for good measure: Apparently the editor in chief is a complete moron
    jedinat, LCGuy, UltraMav and 9 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Next time you come across an idiotic article by some jerk desperate for traffic please just quote the whole thing so I can read it and be outraged without giving them more hits.
    Actually, it would be better for us if you didn't talk about it at all, so they don't get the attention.
    Is it any wonder when all the ads on the page are Apple related and the biggest menu button on top is "iPhone + iPod + iPad"? That is just a site for apple fan boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    Being 99 dollars and receiving an Android port are the two things that ARE saving the Touchpad. Without both of those it wouldn't be selling at near the rate it is.
    Being $99 maybe, the Android port definitely NOT. Most of those who come from other platforms are pleasantly surprised that they enjoy webOS. But I don't see many Android tablets flying off the shelves. Bet you some of them will reduce their prices to move product soon too. It's a legitimate marketing technique. Just so happens that HP stumbled into it. (That is obvious when they are selling on e-bay and Craigslist at 3x the fire-sale price.)

What the Touchpad needed more than saving was a management team that didn't poison it. Read the news... HP's over-riding the Palm team in hardware choice, too high pricing, too quick to bail out.

By the way, where exactly IS that Android port as of right now?
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Beatweek cracks me up. The lack of professionalism I see repeatedly from these guys is astounding.
    Can we just stop quoting that site? I think this is like the third POS article I've seen from them?
    Closing the comments section below says it all!
    Being 99 dollars and receiving an Android port are the two things that ARE saving the Touchpad. Without both of those it wouldn't be selling at near the rate it is.
    Android had nothing to do with that - and only a tiny geek minority will ever bother to install that.

TPs were selling like hotcakes and gone before an Android port was ever mentioned.

The hardware is decent and webos is a good OS.

The $99 had *a lot* to do with it though. At that price people will just try it out, tolerate small app market and even go with a dying/comatose/dead platform.

And the TP (sadly) is in no way saved.
    The platform is still getting murdered by HP and they loose a ton of money over this.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    The article is indeed fairly stupid (either ill-informed or simply trolling).

The 10 points turn out to be roughly 3, repeated in various ways.
    Yeah - webos devices have been dropped by HP. That's a fair point. But it's still cheating to mention it 7 times to inflate his - ahem - "argument" to 10 bullet points.

Points 3 and 8 are - again - just 1 point. He claims webos is a geekly, nightmarish, hard to use OS. That's an insane statement and mind-boggingly obvious in it utter falseness.

Probably just trolling for hits - and successfully.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Who actually goes to that website anyway? Anyone even heard about it BEFORE the first (and consecutive) bad reviews.....that they keep dishing out? Really, it just blows me away the amount of negative energy they are pumping into it......lol.
    Man, at $99 its sold before anyone could spell a-n-d-r-o-i-d. Being $500 than lowered to $99 and made by HP and not by Dong Chyoi corp from Guangdong was main reason it was sold in minutes. Android port is pure bonus.
    Wow... that was probably the most idiotic uninformed article I've read in a while.
    It's very apparent he has no idea what he's talking about.
    Um, nothing can save the Touchpad, because it's been discontinued. Duh.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast