Maybe the reason it's so cheap is that they're getting parts for half-price because HP already paid for half of them for the Touchpad Go.

But no, it seems it's using lower end parts and that's why it's cheaper than the rest. If it's worked for the Nook Color, I don't see why it wouldn't for this tablet.
    just a matter of time before other tablets reach the TP's price point with better hardware...

meanwhile there will be no more touchpad devices for sale.

hp, did you make up your mind on wth you are doing with our beloved webOS???
  3.    #4  
    Before buying the touchpad I was interested in the Samsung tab WiFi 7inch. If I hadn't bought the touchpad I would have been interested in the Lenovo. It looks better than the Samsung tab 7inch. Actually for a tablet I preferred the 7 inch screen to a 10 inch. Made it more portable and easier to hold with one hand. I think they'll sell a lot unless Amazon's tablet is just amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    But no, it seems it's using lower end parts and that's why it's cheaper than the rest. If it's worked for the Nook Color, I don't see why it wouldn't for this tablet.
    Actually, Barnes & Noble subsidized pricing of the Nook Color. They're counting on making money off off content (ebooks, magazine subscriptions, newspaper subscriptions, etc). That's also why they don't have the Android Market on stock firmware. Granted, I do think manufacturing costs have decreased given more companies are making tablets now.
    and amazon will be selling $250 to $200 tablet soon
    I hope for better, but since HP is rudderless; I doubt that they will capitalize on the small window of opportunity they have.
    Honestly, I think the best thing about the death of webOS is it forces everyone to find ways to make competitive tablets at more reasonable price points just because HP found a way to adjust the market's expectations.

Nobody should ever have to use a Pandigital Android Tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Maybe the reason it's so cheap is that they're getting parts for half-price because HP already paid for half of them for the Touchpad Go.

I think that's what the next batch of firesale things are going to be. The smaller HP tablet. HP is using the parts.