1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Amazon tablet rivals HP TouchPad hype amid amped up anti-iPad hysteria
    August 30, 2011 Beatweek

by Timmy Falcon

Amazon tablet rivals HP TouchPad hype amid amped up anti-iPad hysteria : Beatweek Magazine

One story proclaims that the HP TouchPad has fought back from the dead. The other revels in how the Amazon tablet is shaking up the market. One story is as inaccurate as the other. The TouchPad, which saw near-zero interest from the public in its seven weeks on the market, only saw a blip when its price was slashed to a far-below-cost eighty percent off in order to blow out remaining inventory as HP washed its hands of the failed product. Amazon, whose eReader Kindle products are popular, doesn’t have a tablet on the market or any publicly announced plans to launch one. And yet both products are being highlighted as if they’ve already overtaken Apple’s iPad
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I've yet to read any article on that site that I like and/or agree with. And comments seem to always be closed so you cannot point out the error of there ways.
    Amazon tablet rumor: 7-inch due October, 10-inch in 2012

Expected to have the best chance at beating back the domination of Apple’s iPad line, the rumored Amazon tablets will reportedly begin to arrive in October of this year, with another, larger tablet due early 2012.

According to Taiwan-based DigiTimes, Amazon plans to release a 7-inch tablet sometime in October. Mass production of a 10.1-inch Amazon tablet will begin in the first quarter of next year.

Market estimates suggest Amazon could sell between 3 million and 5 million tablets during the fourth quarter of 2011, if the device carries a competitive price, and the timing of the release is right.

Unfortunately for Amazon, some analysts believe that, in order to make gains on the iPad, the company will have to price their tablet so low that they sell it at a loss. In doing so, Amazon will have the ability to build up a user base for their device, which could help with future sales.

Of course, this could work, if Amazon’s willing to do it. We recently saw the consumer fervor over the HP TouchPad, which went on sale at the blow-out price of $99, and sold out everywhere. In fact, the liquidation was such a success that HP announced Tuesday that they may produce another round of TouchPads before canceling production of the device for good.
    ilovedessert likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

I agree with you. Amazon has proven to be a very smartly run company....for example...I belong to Amazon Prime....I'm the clear winner with that...after about the 3rd month every year my savings in shipping has covered my $79 fee....Last year my Fiancee and I ordered ONE item which would have had a $22 shipping charge...that is almost 1/3rd of the annual shipping fee.....

The shear size of the firm puts them in a fantastic marketing position.....I do wonder if they eventually will also offer a webOS device, since Ruby is on their board and the sudden popularity of webOS...........

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Please don't bother posting article from Beatweek. They epitomize the lowest form of tabloid journalism. They make up statistics and are always focused on evangelizing Apple products.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  6.    #6  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care, Jay

Amazon Could Fight iPad With H-P Touchpad Pricing Strategy
    Trefis Team, Contributor, 9/02/2011 @ 9:27AM

Amazon Could Fight iPad With H-P Touchpad Pricing Strategy - Forbes

Apple’s dominance in tablet market is so entrenched now that rivals are resorting to aggressive pricing strategies to counter the iPad. Last week, Hewlett-Packard’s TouchPad tablet went from commercial flop to instant hit when the company slashed the price to $99 from $399. Consumers flocked to grab these tablets prompting the company to do one more production run to keep customers happy despite losing money on those produced.
    BobKy likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

The Tablet Price War Has Begun
    By PCWorld Video, PCWorld Sep 2, 2011 4:00 PM

The Tablet Price War Has Begun | PCWorld

Tablets are rapidly dropping in price as everyone is trying to grab a share of the market. HP is having a $99 fire sale for its TouchPad, Lenovo says its 7-inch IdeaPad A1 will cost under $200, and just about every other tablet manufacturer is getting in on the game.
  8.    #8  
    Amazon’s Kindle Tablet Is Very Real. I’ve Seen It, Played With It.
    MG Siegler

Amazon’s Kindle Tablet Is Very Real. I’ve Seen It, Played With It. | TechCrunch

It’s called simply the “Amazon Kindle”. But it’s not like any Kindle you’ve seen before. It displays content in full color. It has a 7-inch capacitive touch screen. And it runs Android.