Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Apple.com has dropped the price of the reconditioned ipad1 from $399 to $299. Its a good deal because apples reconditioned stuff is better than new, gets full one year factory warranty etc. 90 day phone support and qualifies for applecare which is 3 year warranty. The ipad1 is fully updatable to latest and future ios, all apps etc. No, i dont work for apple. But posted this because it shows the hp fire sale is impacting the number one tablet vendor. Btw, the tp i ordered on sunday from bb.com is now on its way via ups.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    with all due respect, who cares ?
    I think the 16gb ipad 1st gen was always $299 refurbished. Just saying
    Palm Pixi - Retired
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Its a good deal because apples reconditioned stuff is better than new
    LMAO! Did they get you to climb in the trunk too?
    I love my iPad2 but reconditioned != better than new. Ever. And iPad1 is almost as orphaned as the TouchPad as newer apps are banking on that A5.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Why would you even buy an iPad when the TouchPad is here XD
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    TravisAntonio likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout565 View Post
    I think the 16gb ipad 1st gen was always $299 refurbished. Just saying
    No it was $399 until now.

Thanks to the OP for catching this. The TouchPad is having a big influence in the market!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Not bashing the Ipad1 but it really is lacking in things the ipad2 had- cameras and speed-

the touchpad however imo is not lacking in those things.

The only time Apple has EVER made a price change due to another company was the commercial campaing of laptops where the camera man/voice over would take people into bestbuy and get them a Laptop a case and software for 900$!!! a MacBook would cost you 1500!

That line of commercials forced apple to create a sub 1k laptop... its 999.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Not bashing the Ipad1 but it really is lacking in things the ipad2 had- cameras and speed-

the touchpad however imo is not lacking in those things.
    Last time I checked the TouchPad is definitely lacking "cameras".
    I was going to get a cheap iPad for Netflix, but my Asus Transformer just got an update and Netflix is supported. So, no need...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Interesting. Thanks for posting.
    <thread moved>
    very interesting. Reminds me of 300 where the spear cuts that giant's cheek.
    Psychonaut likes this.
    To understand the whole of the tablet market, it's helpful sometimes to look outside our tiny little world. This is relevant and helpful to know, as it affects sales of all other tablets. So, a lot of people care.

With all due respect.
    I cared...and found it interesting..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    apple ipad 1 was NOT lacking in speed. Unless you're talking about gaming speed, OS/UI speed is the same. Super silky smooth and fast. No chugs and jugs at all! just one continuous smooth flow of butter!
    This is probably as much a preparation for the iPad3 as a reaction to the TouchPad. If it influenced it at all, it sped up an already planned price drop.
    i think asserting that a price change in a refurbished, last gen product, that's out of production is a reaction to a liquidation from a failed tablet is quite a stretch. It's possible i just doubt it. But that's just me.

That being said Apple refurbs can be great deals. I bought a refurbed ipod nano. I ordered at 3pm. The darn thing was delivered at before noon the next day and that was with cheapo free shipping. I was blown away. Granted i was in the Bay Area and it probably shipped from the Bay Area ,but even so, that normally takes about three days. But the refurbed nano looked brand spanking new, full warranty, and 4 years later works perfectly as an exercise ipod. I'd highly recommend Apple's refurbed ipods because it was a steal. By contrast i bought a refurbed D-link router from Expansys and it looks like it was dragged behind a car and buried. Fast shipping though. lol.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  19. AZ8
    I still see it at $399 at the Apple store.

Verizon has cut it to $299
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    I still see it at $399 at the Apple store.

Verizon has cut it to $299
    They still have some? I thought they quit carrying them awhile ago. I got a 64GB one for $299 when they put em on clearance before.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast