1.    #1  
    I hate to say it, but I may just swallow hard and exchange my TP for ipad.

Makes me sad, but just have no assurance that I will ever get even the last few things that this device needed to be a complete platform for my needs.

Don't have a receipt as got this as a gift, but hoping i will be able to return it anyway if I am just swapping it out.

MIke
    I'd shoot for a Transformer if you're going in to exchange.
    I totally plan on buying an iPad now......

.....so I can smash it to pieces and vent some of this anger.
    I'm not in the market for a tablet but when I do, it will probably be an iPad. at least i will know it will have the support behind it and they are doing what HP was setting out to do which is create a proper ecosystem of devices that will share information. I guess that means I will probably be getting an iphone..sigh. WP7 is another option I'm more interested in but some of the developments are too far off the radar at the moment such as Windows 8 tablets and even the Mango update.
    if i wanted one id have bought one originally tbh, didnt want one back then and still dont want one now, nothings changed.

Im not the type to buy the "leftovers" just because their available.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if i wanted one id have bought one originally tbh, didnt want one back then and still dont want one now, nothings changed.

Im not the type to buy the "leftovers" just because their available.

WEll, I AM in the market for a tablet that will be supported in the future. I really WANTED that to be the HP touchpad to go with my Pre 2, but no matter how cool it is, it will need tob e supported going forward. So NOW I am looking for next best option and that DOES seem to me to be ipad. I have to say I have not played with one much so once I get my hands on it, I may find it too dissappointing, but again, tahnks to HP I am back in the market,
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'd shoot for a Transformer if you're going in to exchange.
    Yes, I will seriously consider taht one also. Like the Keyboard attachment idea. and i think i has an sd slot as well? Have to say, not really overly impressed with teh envrironment though but I do not expect it to have as good an interefacfe as webos, only that it have a future
    I don't think I have the stomach to hold out for an unsupported OS again. As sad as I am to say it, I think I am headed towards iPhone 5 and iPad 3. At least with jail breaking I can do most of what I could do on webOS and they are working to be more like us (OTA, Cloud, synergy, etc)

Sad, I have been with Palm since 1996
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I hope to be able to keep using my TP until iPad 3, 2nd Gen Android and Win8 tablets arrive and then decide where to switch to.

Considering smartphone I had already switched to Android (regret it now though, it is simply a chaotic OS), but I will hang on to that a bit longer. Similar options for it's successor: iPhone 5/6, WP7 post Mango version, Android 4x.