Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    Actually yes, have you seen iOS 5 at all?

    -Gromet
    Have you seen the TouchPad2? It's 40% thinner than the iPad2, has full 1080p resolution with pixels so small only eagles can discern them, and prints @*&#* money. And the new App Catalog will have 10 trillion apps.

    It's funny how you discount TTS and SMS for not being possible, yet; but then you credit Apple for things that are not possible, yet.

    I believe there is a word for people like you...
  2. #22  
    Not having to deal with iTunes is my favorite thing with the TouchPad. Getting files on and off TP is just easy.
    sledge007 likes this.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Have you seen the TouchPad2? It's 40% thinner than the iPad2, has full 1080p resolution with pixels so small only eagles can discern them, and prints @*&#* money. And the new App Catalog will have 10 trillion apps.

    It's funny how you discount TTS and SMS for not being possible, yet; but then you credit Apple for things that are not possible, yet.

    I believe there is a word for people like you...
    SMS is cool but currently TTS is nothing to write home about. Any device with NFC could do the same and even more.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Geeze, no one mentioned preware.
    as macho man randy savage would say "oh yeah!", no need to jailbreak and the touchpad can still get updates and features. No os is perfect and homebrew is welcomed. Props to devs.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    SMS is cool but currently TTS is nothing to write home about. Any device with NFC could do the same and even more.
    "Could," but that is just speculation. The Touchpad DOES* (with the caveat that only users in the UK can at this moment).

    And I can't tell you how many times I've looked something up on my computer and then left the house only to realize that the info was still in my browser on my computer at home. Or the times that I want to check out a webpage on a larger screen, but I need to email myself the link from my phone. I see this being pretty useful. It will be even more useful when HP expands it to include other types of information.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    "Could," but that is just speculation. The Touchpad DOES* (with the caveat that only users in the UK can at this moment).

    And I can't tell you how many times I've looked something up on my computer and then left the house only to realize that the info was still in my browser on my computer at home. Or the times that I want to check out a webpage on a larger screen, but I need to email myself the link from my phone. I see this being pretty useful. It will be even more useful when HP expands it to include other types of information.
    Google had working demo's between phones and tablets using nfc. Its more like we need the hardware.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Google had working demo's between phones and tablets using nfc. Its more like we need the hardware.
    That being said, that still follows under could (if you had the hardware.)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    I would say all of what you said can easily be updated with software updates come ios 6.
    Most People don't care for Flash and Multitasking
    Ios 5 has new notifications
    I don't think your statement about most people don't care about Multitasking is incorrect. I think you may not care and some people may be willing to give up Multitasking in order to gain something else that another device does. That does not mean they don't care. It just means that they're willing to give it up to get something else that's more important to them.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I don't think your statement about most people don't care about Multitasking is incorrect. I think you may not care and some people may be willing to give up Multitasking in order to gain something else that another device does. That does not mean they don't care. It just means that they're willing to give it up to get something else that's more important to them.
    Way better way to word it. I prefer the HC mutitasking app switcher for tabs and cards for phones.
  10. #30  
    One thing the TouchPad has over the iPad 1 & 2 is that it doesn't use iTunes... Not having a fruit logo is just icing on the cake.
  11. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Have you seen the TouchPad2?
    To be fair, iOS 5 beta versions are widely available, and iOS 5 is confidently expected to release on time (in "Fall". )
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    One thing the TouchPad has over the iPad 1 & 2 is that it doesn't use iTunes... Not having a fruit logo is just icing on the cake.
    This argument is valid for approximately only one more month.
  13. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That being said, that still follows under could (if you had the hardware.)
    The functionality was demoed about 18 months ago, pretty much every smartphone going forward will have NFC baked in (all new blackberries have it already, it's baked into ice-cream), so within the next cycle, we are going to see millions of NFC enabled devices hit the market.

    TTS is a propriety system that allows you to share with yourself, if you own two webOS devices. NFC allows for interoperability between not only android handsets but also other OSes.

    I'd say the ability to leverage TTS as a competitive advantage has maybe six months left, maybe less depending on how quickly app developers come up with novel uses.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'd say the ability to leverage TTS as a competitive advantage has maybe six months left, maybe less.
    With the publicity of NFC and slow motion release of pre3. I say there won't be any advantage at all for hp.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  15. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    With the publicity of NFC and slow motion release of pre3. I say there won't be any advantage at all for hp.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    That's true - what advantage is TTS when nobody actually has the hardware?
  16. #36  
    And if you compare to android tablets there is nothing touchpad has other than hulu and cards.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  17. #37  
    The Touchpad has a nifty auto-restart feature that is a feature, right?
  18. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #38  
    Sell for $100 dollars

    Have it's company abandon it

    Become discontiued in less than a quarter of a year.

    Those are all things the touchpad can do that the iPad2 can't
    sinsin07 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions