Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StuckwVerizon
  1.    #1  
    Hp, price opal right please.
    If TouchPad go priced at $300 for 16g, I think i will buy one. I didn't buy Touchpad when it was $300 at the staple because I have Ipad 1. I didn't want another 10" tablet. I think touchpad go with $300 price range, it will take some of the ipad owner to get one.
    clayclay350 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    If TouchPad go priced at $300 for 16g, I think i will buy one. I didn't buy Touchpad when it was $300 at the staple because I have Ipad 1. I didn't want another 10" tablet. I think touchpad go with $300 price range, it will take some of the ipad owner to get one.
    Some how I don't see them beating the Iconia price without removing some features that would seem essential for a 7" tablet. Especially if they're going to try adding features like Beats, stereo speakers, and inductive charging to the 7" model (2 of the 3 of those would not seem essential imo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Some how I don't see them beating the Iconia price without removing some features that would seem essential for a 7" tablet. Especially if they're going to try adding features like Beats, stereo speakers, and inductive charging to the 7" model (2 of the 3 of those would not seem essential imo).
    Well touchpad was available for $300. And now it's officially $400. I am sure it's going to go down even more with Amazon and other vendor. If TouchPad Go comes out at $400, I will just wait. I am sure it will go down to less than $300 within a month or two.
    Well touchpad was available for $300. And now it's officially $400. I am sure it's going to go down even more with Amazon and other vendor. If TouchPad Go comes out at $400, I will just wait. I am sure it will go down to less than $300 within a month or two.
    No. Just because it's slightly smaller doesn't mean it costs that much less to produce, especially if they are including things like GPS, the second camera, and trying to cram in the other features currently unique to the TouchPad.

And TouchPad was NOT technically available for $300, that was a pricing mistake from Staples and HP crossing wires that some managers actually refused to honor. Anomalies aren't the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    No. Just because it's slightly smaller doesn't mean it costs that much less to produce, especially if they are including things like GPS, the second camera, and trying to cram in the other features currently unique to the TouchPad.

And TouchPad was NOT technically available for $300, that was a pricing mistake from Staples and HP crossing wires that some managers actually refused to honor. Anomalies aren't the norm.
    TouchPad 16g is $398 from Amazon. And this is little over a month old device. How much do you really think HP can price 7" touchPad? I fully understand that there's no difference of price of making 10" and 7". But in the market price, HP can't price smaller device with same price, it doesn't make sense. So $350 for initial pricing? That's awsome because within a month, it will go down to less than $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Hp, price opal right please.
    HP« TouchPad Wi-Fi« 16GB Tablet - RadioShack.com
    Deal Price: $324.99

HP® TouchPad Wi-Fi® 16GB Tablet - RadioShack.com - dealspl.us
    TouchPad 16g is $398 from Amazon. And this is little over a month old device. How much do you really think HP can price 7" touchPad? I fully understand that there's no difference of price of making 10" and 7". But in the market price, HP can't price smaller device with same price, it doesn't make sense. So $350 for initial pricing? That's awsome because within a month, it will go down to less than $300.
    It does make sense. When things are made smaller they cost more to make. The only material savings in a smaller tablet is related to the battery. If you keep a similar resolution, then a small panel is likely to cost the same as the larger panel.

We'll see what HP does with the "Go". If they go the reduced memory tiering (8/16 instead of 16/32) then maybe you'll see your $300 TouchPad Go.
    Watching the review on this one...

Within the first few min, we find out it has hdmi out, front/rear camera, and microSD slot. HP c'mon!!!!!!! I can bet money Opal will be just as anemic in features as TP by the same reason why those features were left off TP in the first place (whatver they were) plus the reasoning that if they include them now, ppl will be like "why didn't you include them in TP in the first place?"

I do prefer 7" over 10" for its mobility advantages and one hand operation is so much easier. Opal could be my perfect tablet... if it has competitive feature set as this Acer here.
  10.    #10  
    things to avoid is touchpad 's shape and materials, i do believe there is a design problem that putting pressure on the touchpad, which causes crack easily.

i absolutely do not care about beat audio, i don't need it, and i won't pay extra $50 for it.

manufacturer cost is besidethe point, hp needs to price it to succeed, pure and simple, i argued the same thing before touchpad lauch, ppl were claiming hp won't make money because it costs them close to $400 to put it on the shelf, and a month later, its $399.

reality matters, hp's top priority is expanding webos market, and opal needs to be below $350 to do just that.