Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Achill3s
  1.    #1  
    webOS is not even mentioned or not significant enough to record. They need to release the Pre3 NOW!

Android 40%
    Apple 25%
    RIM 23%

Top Smartphone OS, Apple Trailing Android for Market Share | WebWashed.com
    What's the other 12%? (sorry, web-blocker at work blocks link)
  3.    #3  
    roughly 8% between symbian and windows. all are estimates so webOS is under 4%
    <<thread moved>>
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    roughly 8% between symbian and windows. all are estimates so webOS is under 4%
    They are not estimates.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    They are not estimates.
    i was meaning what I stated in the post. the actual numbers are on the link. when said 40.1% i estimated, like 26.6% for apple.
    Typical news. Nothing new here. WebOS has a long way to go and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone who frequents these forums. If HP and the carriers can agree to more choices with regards to mobile devices, they can start to make a difference.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    RoverNole likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    ...If HP and the carriers can agree to more choices with regards to mobile devices, they can start to make a difference.
    I have been thinking more about that.

Is there a conspiracy between Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Virgin, and Metro PCS to not carry the HP Veer or announce any HP products?

Could it be instead that HP signed an exclusive contract with AT&T for the Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad 4G?

We know that Sprint will take any phone, any time as evidenced by the Echo and now the XPRT.
    They'll take any android phone, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Typical news. Nothing new here. WebOS has a long way to go and it shouldn't be surprising to anyone who frequents these forums. If HP and the carriers can agree to more choices with regards to mobile devices, they can start to make a difference.
    i think it's tough when you release two phone and guys like samsung, if this is true, have the ability to release 7. Samsung to release 7 new droids, 2 tablets and 2 new Bada phones - GSMArena.com news
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    It will make a HUGE difference if HP opens up and allows another company (or more) to license webOS. If they can do that without fragmenting, or allowing companies to add crap like MotoBlur or HTC Sense - they would do very well at expanding market share IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It will make a HUGE difference if HP opens up and allows another company (or more) to license webOS. If they can do that without fragmenting, or allowing companies to add crap like MotoBlur or HTC Sense - they would do very well at expanding market share IMHO.
    i totally just wrote a thorough post stating why i think it would NOT be a huge mistake to license webos. only to realize you said it would make a "huge difference" not what i thought you wrote "a huge mistake." whoops. lol. delete.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Is there a conspiracy between Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Virgin, and Metro PCS to not carry the HP Veer or announce any HP products?
    Is there a conspiracy among CDMA carriers not to carry a GSM phone...

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's not it either. WP7 has almost 2 dozen handsets made by just about every manufacturer in every known form factor (save the fail sandwich) but yet having been out on the market 10 months, their marketshare is still falling, and faster than Palm's no less. 10 different form factors and $800 million in ad budget hasn't gotten them much at all.

We need handsets, but that's not a magic bullet. The MAIN thing is to get the carrier salesforce to NOT steer customers AWAY from the product. Also, they need to retool the Pre3 (drop in the QC 8060, even at 1ghz download) and lose the name. Call it the "Manta" (or was it Stingray?) and let the Pre name go out with the Pre2 (a solid phone that no one tried)

TPad is fine and it they can get that Opal out before Turkey day, all the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

Could it be instead that HP signed an exclusive contract with AT&T for the Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad 4G?

We know that Sprint will take any phone, any time as evidenced by the Echo and now the XPRT.
    I get your point, but if this was the case, then Sprint shouldn't have any issue with letting its webOS users know that the ball is in HP court.