Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    You gotta play more Deus Ex, Syndil.
    Actually I played it a bunch before I bought it on Steam, so that's not an accurate count. They had the two older Deus Ex games bundled together and on sale for $5, so I bought them to see if I would still enjoy them. And no, not really. Not when I have so many others to play. But they were definitely good for their times.

Still waiting for the price of the new one to fall, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. They've had it $5 off for quite a while but $5 off $50 is still too high for me. When it gets under $20 I may bite.

Playing the hell out of Monday Night Combat right now. Has replaced TF2 as my game of choice. Although it does have some serious balance issues.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    We are so off topic at this point but PC Gamer gave Human Revolution a 98% which kind of blows my mind.
  4.    #44  
    Portal, anyone?
    Handheld gaming isn't as immersive and doesn't assault the senses. Take a game like Gears of War 3.. highly detailed, 5.1 dolby digital, huge screen to play it on, and controls are easy to use and accurate. Tablets are good for stratedgy or puzzle games, but when it comes to 3D MMORPG's or fast paced action games with high detail, you don't have the graphics power or the control accuracy for it to be enjoyable. It reminds me like the difference between Mac and PC games. Mac games were mostly those smaller, simpler graphics games, while the PC games were cutting edge. My GPU has more memory onboard (2 GB) than any tablet or phones entire memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Portal, anyone?
    Waiting on the price of Portal 2 to come down too. Loved the first one, but thought it was kind of short.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Handheld gaming isn't as immersive and doesn't assault the senses. Take a game like Gears of War 3.. highly detailed, 5.1 dolby digital, huge screen to play it on, and controls are easy to use and accurate. Tablets are good for stratedgy or puzzle games, but when it comes to 3D MMORPG's or fast paced action games with high detail, you don't have the graphics power or the control accuracy for it to be enjoyable. It reminds me like the difference between Mac and PC games. Mac games were mostly those smaller, simpler graphics games, while the PC games were cutting edge. My GPU has more memory onboard (2 GB) than any tablet or phones entire memory.
    I agree on your "control accuracy" point about immersive games on tablets (or touch screens in general), but we have reached the point that games like GoW 3, Unreal, etc. are capable of existing on tablets due to its graphics capabilities.

UDK - Unreal Development Kit - Epic Games

Check that out. It's the Unreal development kit for the Unreal engine 3 on iOS and PC.
  8. AZ8
    I used to play games. But then I grew up!
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    Lol. At 27, I still play XBox and PS3 but not nearly on the level I played 10 - 15 years ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    My condolences.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    eh, i think he means 40% of unit sales... which is fine... its more interesting how the revenue breaks down.
    Plus also consider PC's in addition to all the mobile devices..
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123