Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wencyjr
  1.    #1  
    Found this great article on The Guardian, talks about tablets but mostly the iPad 2 specifically. Very humorous!

Digested read: My iPad 2 by Gary Rosenzweig | Books | The Guardian
    Ha "So there you have it. Well done for buying an iPad 2, an executive toy that is an unfortunate hybrid of an oversized iPod and a rubbish laptop. But don't let that worry you, because as long as you continue to suffer cognitive dissonance by insisting it's the best piece of technology ever invented, everyone will keep on buying them. And no one need know that you basically stopped using yours after a week."
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsalesguy View Post
    Ha "So there you have it. Well done for buying an iPad 2, an executive toy that is an unfortunate hybrid of an oversized iPod and a rubbish laptop. But don't let that worry you, because as long as you continue to suffer cognitive dissonance by insisting it's the best piece of technology ever invented, everyone will keep on buying them. And no one need know that you basically stopped using yours after a week."
    I don't know, I've had my TouchPad since launch day and have used it at least once every day since and I don't see that changing for a while as I move to make this my primary media consumption device. I'd imagine it'd be the same for an iPad owner; although I'll be honest, that I find WebOS much more productive, intuitive, and fun to use compared to iOS. And I've been using WebOS since Sprint Pre launch day.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I don't know, I've had my TouchPad since launch day and have used it at least once every day since and I don't see that changing for a while as I move to make this my primary media consumption device. I'd imagine it'd be the same for an iPad owner; although I'll be honest, that I find WebOS much more productive, intuitive, and fun to use compared to iOS. And I've been using WebOS since Sprint Pre launch day.
    Haha yes, i've had mine since launch as well. Just thought it was a very well written and humorous piece. To be fair though, the things we do on the TouchPad could be done in much less time on a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    Haha yes, i've had mine since launch as well. Just thought it was a very well written and humorous piece. To be fair though, the things we do on the TouchPad could be done in much less time on a laptop.
    it takes even less time on my quad-core powerhouse with my huge 23" screen and full-size keyboard and mouse. but my wife told me to get my *crap* out of the living room and put them back in the office .
    noelb likes this.
    I liked it. Thats how I always thought about Tablets since the iPad came out. Oversized phones...without the phone. Even the Touchpad is just my phone blown up to a bigger screen. I would still like to have one just to have one but do I NEED one? No. This is why I always liked the idea of Windows on a tablet. Its the same thing as your desktop but portable. And just another version of a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    I disagree with this. Everything I do on the tablet is what I wanted to do on the laptop but functionality wasn't there. Smartphone OS's make far more sense on a portable device of any size than on a laptop.
    I sold my laptop for my touchpad and never looked back.
    I know how asinine this sounds and I wish I could articulate it better but tablets just seem so much more mobile than laptops.