1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,

jay

Ninety-five percent of enterprises choose iPad over Android
    By Jason Hiner | July 21, 2011, 12:21pm PDT

Ninety-five percent of enterprises choose iPad over Android | ZDNet

The number of companies getting in line to challenge the iPad grows almost every week. And, while a few companies like RIM and HP are using their own OS to power their tablets, most of the iPad challengers are running Android. However, new data released by Good Technology shows that enterprise customers are choosing iPad over Android tablets by a huge percentage.

According to Good’s four-month tally of recent mobile device activations for its large stable of enterprise customers, tablets are taking a growing chunk of the activation pie, but among those tablet adopters the Apple iPad is grabbing 95% of all activations, while very few Android tablets are showing up in large companies. In fact, iPad activations actually surpassed Android smartphone activations in the enterprise in recent months, according to the Good data. Take a look at the chart belo
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Should be merged with this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...-too-good.html

Anyway, as I pointed out in that thread, the article is faulty in its conclusion. 95% of Good's customers use iPads, but not all enterprise users use Good. With Android 3.0, Good is unnecessary, so of course there are going to be far fewer Android tablet Good activations than iPad activations.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Should be merged with this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...-too-good.html

Anyway, as I pointed out in that thread, the article is faulty in its conclusion. 95% of Good's customers use iPads, but not all enterprise users use Good. With Android 3.0, Good is unnecessary, so of course there are going to be far fewer Android tablet Good activations than iPad activations.
    I know. It's like saying "95% of McDonald's patrons order a Coca-Cola beverage product" Well McD's ONLY carries Coke products so of course that would be the case. Does that mean people like Coke more than Pepsi? Of course not. How people are actually paid to write self serving drivel is beyond me honestly.