1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Pre+ and I'm seriously considering getting an Iconia tablet tomorrow!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on using the two together. For instance, can you charge the Pre from the Iconia's USB? Does the Iconia recognize the Pre as a USB drive and can you transfer files?

Any other little tips or heads up would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Which Iconia, the Android or Windows one? I have the Android one.

Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    I have a Verizon Pre+ and I'm seriously considering getting an Iconia tablet tomorrow!

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on using the two together. For instance, can you charge the Pre from the Iconia's USB? Does the Iconia recognize the Pre as a USB drive and can you transfer files?

Any other little tips or heads up would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
  3.    #3  
    The Android version.
    I attached my Sprint Pre with the Palm USB cable to the full sized USB port on my Iconia a500. The a500 must be powered on. The Pre saw the connection and offered the USB options, so I assume it will charge. The Pre was not recognized in USB drive mode, but it was in Media Share mode (mounted under /mnt/usbdrive). Haven't found the safe method for ejecting the Pre yet.

Dan Donovan
  5.    #5  
    That's awesome! I have never been able to safely eject my Pre from my computer unless I used Media sync, and even then not always, so that's probably going to be alright.

Have you tried using the Hotspot with it?

Thanks for your reply.
    Tried pairing the Iconia with the Pre over Bluetooth. No joy here.

Sprint never offered the wifi hotspot for their webOS phones, but the homebrew freeTether app (see webos-internals) works fine. Haven't checked to see whether GPS on the Iconia can use the wifi connection to geolocate. Beware that any tethering solution will probably eat gobs of battery power on the Pre.

Dan Donovan
  7.    #7  
    I'm hoping to pick an Iconia up tomorrow, so I will be able to check all that out. !!!! So excited...

I use the MHS a lot, and yes, it does drain the battery very quickly, but I'm used to it. I have lots of chargers all over the place. :P

Thanks for your help!
  8.    #8  
    Just a quick update...

I plugged my Pre+ into the Iconia and it nearly bricked my Pre. It took an attempt at doctoring, a lot of forum reading and a lot of time before it gave me more than a black screen.

Someone suggested letting it sit on the charger for a long time & just leave it alone, which I did. It finally came back to life, but with everything wiped and reset, a mysterious loss of storage capacity, and it has never been the same again. It works alright, but I ended up getting a replacement.