Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By redmist
  • 1 Post By HenryAlan
  1.    #1  
    I was so loyal to wbos but Hp/sprrint do not want to reward us sprint users with new phons, so I guess Iphon 5 wll e not a bad altenative to Pre 3? What do you think? P.s. Excus for mstyypes - Pre's keboard is glitchy...
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    "Horses for courses" as we say in the UK.

Is a Ferrari better than a Jeep?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    "Horses for courses" as we say in the UK.

Is a Ferrari better than a Jeep?
    Well, when's the last time you went 4X4ing in a Ferrari?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Well, when's the last time you went 4X4ing in a Ferrari?
    Exactly my point.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Nothing gets past this guy
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    I was so loyal to wbos but Hp/sprrint do not want to reward us sprint users with new phons, so I guess Iphon 5 wll e not a bad altenative to Pre 3? What do you think? P.s. Excus for mstyypes - Pre's keboard is glitchy...
    If by better, you mean:
    Mono-tasking
    Locked down
    Virtual keyboard
    Less synergistic
    Only video chats with other fruit devices
    Etc.

then I suppose I see your point.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Andreas likes this.
    At this point its not only Sprint user loyalty.....the Pre3 hasn't been officially announced on any carrier.

There are a number of points that can be made in the favor of the next iPhone as Apple (and others) have taken a number of features that made webOS such a breakthrough when launched 2 years ago and incorporated them into their OS. HP and Palm simply have not been able to keep up the software updates along with new hardware to exploit the key advantages inherent in webOS. Yes, the advantages of webOS of Synergy and multi-tasking remain, ......but for how long?
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aapre View Post
    At this point its not only Sprint user loyalty.....the Pre3 hasn't been officially announced on any carrier.

There are a number of points that can be made in the favor of the next iPhone as Apple (and others) have taken a number of features that made webOS such a breakthrough when launched 2 years ago and incorporated them into their OS. HP and Palm simply have not been able to keep up the software updates along with new hardware to exploit the key advantages inherent in webOS. Yes, the advantages of webOS of Synergy and multi-tasking remain, ......but for how long?
    It depends....HP has been doing a very very poor job communicating with the WebOS community. First there was the initial BS after the merger, then we waited, then Feb 9th, and then we waited, and waited, and still no word about a device that would FINALLY replace the Pre/Pre Plus.

At the rate things are going, based on the complete lack of communication by HP, the iPhone 10 will come out before the Pre 3.