Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/22/2011 at 04:12 PM.
  2. #2  
    Good deal, except that:

    †Discount applies to tablets only, excluding the HP TouchPad tablet, Amazon Kindle® and NOOK by Barnes & Noble™.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Riahsdad View Post
    If staples carried the asus transformer, I'd take it with that coupon.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    If staples carried the asus transformer, I'd take it with that coupon.
    They do.

    ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet 10.1" with WiFi, 16GB | Staples®
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    In store only coupon. If they have a transformer in store, I may consider getting one. It would cost me $317 tax included. I think that is fair enough price considering I've never given an android tablet a fair trial. I like the touchpad and I did get it a decent price ($440).

    EDIT: Nope, transformer is an online only item, won't work. Just called to confirm.
  6. Mercule's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #6  
    If HP doesn't get the Quick Office and HTTP proxy patches out by the 30th, that's pretty inviting.

    Sorry, but, as much as I love my TouchPad, I need those features.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    If HP doesn't get the Quick Office and HTTP proxy patches out by the 30th, that's pretty inviting.

    Sorry, but, as much as I love my TouchPad, I need those features.
    Yeah, I'm stuck right now. I really, really like webos and I know I'd miss it if I were to go back to an ipad but truth be told when I had an ipad 1, I don't recall wanting for anything as far as features were concerned. If it wasn't covered by the os it was covered by an app. ios seems clunky compared to webos. I will also give this more time but as it stands, I've only had the TP for a day and I feel like I've already worked out all I can on it and I find it grossly lacking in key areas, for me. Right, all three major tablets have so many various pros and cons to them I almost wish there were so much choice in the matter. Seems like there are way too many compromises in each product. Sigh, I see more potential in webOS right now than I do in the others. But as far as raw functions are concerned, the other two platforms greatly out pace the TP for what I would like to see in a tablet.

    Now that the IP2 can be jail broken, I'm tempted but those things are damned pricey, always will be.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Riahsdad View Post
    I think this is the link: http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,482382,1665509

    Too bad no TouchPad.
    Dan Donovan
  9. #9  
    That's a really great deal! My sister just bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Even I couldn't sell her the TP. Its a hard sell with no camera in the rear let alone a camera app. I think she's out if her 14 day window tho. That's too bad.
  10. #10  
    The Asus Transformer just became an insane deal: $300 with that coupon!! And if you add in the keyboard (which turns it into a full laptop with USB slots, 8 extra hours of battery, mousepad, etc) it's still a total of $450.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    If staples carried the asus transformer, I'd take it with that coupon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Look at how many are taking the Staples Coupon to Office Max, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc. and getting them to match it:

    http://www.androidcentral.com/staple...-you-be-buying

    Many have gotten the $399 Asus Transformer or Acer Iconia for $299.

    Maybe this thread should be closed because it is in the wrong forum. I will open a new thread on it in the Other Tablets forum.
  12. #12  
    Android Central: Staples giving $100 off select tablets, what will you be buying?

    This puts the Staples Tablets like the $399 Asus Transformer or $399 Acer Iconia at $299 but many Staples locations are sold out of everything. The comments tell of taking the Staples coupon to nearby Office Max, Frys, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc. for their price match guarantees. Some Staples stores are struggling to re-stock each day.

    Here is the coupon that must be printed and taken to a local store:

    $100 OFF any tablet with this coupon. Limited exclusions apply. Models vary by store.

    The Acer Iconia was $449. When the stores finally were able to keep Transformers in stock, Iconia purchases stopped until Acer drooped to $399 as well. The Dell Streak has dropped to $299.

    With 250GB HP, Asus, and Toshiba Netbooks starting at $229, some are saying to expect non-iPad 10" tablets to list at $299 by Christmas.

    Some have said that a tablet cannot be sold for less than the iPad 2 pricing or it will seem that the tablet is inferior.

    What has been the result of this coupon at your local Staples and competing stores?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/22/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
  13. #13  
    This isa webos blog, discount is of no use HP touchpad is excluded.
  14. #14  
    most of those android tablets probably sell like *****, hence the liquidation style discount.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    That's a really great deal! My sister just bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Even I couldn't sell her the TP. Its a hard sell with no camera in the rear let alone a camera app. I think she's out if her 14 day window tho. That's too bad.
    Yeah, I enjoy holding up my 10" ipad in nature and taking photos. Makes me look very professional. Especially when the guy beside me has a 12mp point and shoot camera with 5x zoom, image stabalization, and a size about the size of my Pre -. I was thinking about buying a tripod for the ipad so that I can hold it without shaking.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    If staples carried the asus transformer, I'd take it with that coupon.
    They do.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The Asus Transformer just became an insane deal: $300 with that coupon!! And if you add in the keyboard (which turns it into a full laptop with USB slots, 8 extra hours of battery, mousepad, etc) it's still a total of $450.
    Thats where using a tablet vs a laptop has me confused. If someone is going to be doing heavy document editing, needs a keyboard and mouse, then wouldn't it make more sense to buy a much much more powerful laptop? I mean, tablets are there because they are smaller, lighter, and more portable. Once you start adding on all these extra accessories, you could have bought a laptop with an i5 CPU, 4GB Ram, terabyte harddrive, and a GPU that can run all the most modern PC games out there, and weighs about 3 lbs. I mean, who wants to carry around separate accessories all the time? For work, i'd never use a tablet.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    This isa webos blog, discount is of no use HP touchpad is excluded.
    Other tablets
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Yeah, I enjoy holding up my 10" ipad in nature and taking photos. Makes me look very professional. Especially when the guy beside me has a 12mp point and shoot camera with 5x zoom, image stabalization, and a size about the size of my Pre -. I was thinking about buying a tripod for the ipad so that I can hold it without shaking.
    This was my original argument until I realized that a camera would be useful for QR codes and augmented reality.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  20. #20  
    Sooo, now that we know this deal excludes the Touchpad, shouldn't this thread be moved to 'other handhelds' forums?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions