Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By netwrkr9
  • 2 Post By LupeValenz
  1.    #1  
    iOS's multitask may suck, but if you consider their app load times it's fast.

    try this.


    open photos in iOS,
    go to some where else.

    reopen photos. bam, it's there. (this pause state has an advantage)

    try webos.

    click photos, wait 5 sec, photos is up.
    close card, open photos again. wait another 4 sec.
  2. #2  
    Guess you need to look up the definition of multitasking and its purpose, bam, its always there, no need to continously open and close apps. Just a thought....
    johncc and Rnp like this.
  3. #3  
    Hmm, what if you open photos, go to somewhere else, then come back to the open photos app? I see I'm right back with no loading required as well :/
    johncc and Rnp like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Hmm, what if you open photos, go to somewhere else, then come back to the open photos app? I see I'm right back with no loading required as well :/
    true sometimes and not true sometimes. i am not sure what HP does to keep app 'paused' sometimes app just reloads. try it a few times.
  5. #5  
    webOS multitask is excellent! Open Photos, shrink it to a card and switch to another application. If needed, switch back to Photos card and maximize it
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    webOS multitask is excellent! Open Photos, shrink it to a card and switch to another application. If needed, switch back to Photos card and maximize it
    okok i agree. pls improve load times now.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    okok i agree. pls improve load times now.
    What is it that you are doing that is so important that the "4 second" initial load is killing you?

    Sheeesh.

    You come with one complaint...people point out how YOU are wrong....and you switch to a different complaint.


    I detect an issue with the complainer...not the thing being complained about.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    okok i agree. pls improve load times now.
    Ok let me get this straight... your complaint is that you have to close and open the Photo App in webOS and it takes too long (supposedly unlike iOS). Then we show you that you are doing it wrong, and explain to not close the app, but keep it opened as a card and it will always "BAM" be there running live. But now you shift gears and the complaint is that it still takes 4 seconds to load?

    You do realize, don't you, that iOS also has a load time of about the same duration at launch? The only reason it seems to "bam" instantly load is because it is actually loading an image of the application first (which you cannot do anything with) until the app is actually ready behind it. It looks like it is loaded, but it isn't. webOS simply shows the app's live progress while loading instead of throwing up a curtain.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You do realize, don't you, that iOS also has a load time of about the same duration at launch? The only reason it seems to "bam" instantly load is because it is actually loading an image of the application first (which you cannot do anything with) until the app is actually ready behind it. It looks like it is loaded, but it isn't. webOS simply shows the app's live progress while loading instead of throwing up a curtain.
    It's really this way, that iOS opens a picture first and you cannot do anything? Isn't that cheating?^^
    I cannot test it since I have no IOS-equipment.
    What tricks do IOS use to let think their software is that smooth, besides not having real multitasking (mainly)? Just curious.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    iOS's multitask may suck, but if you consider their app load times it's fast.

    try this.


    open photos in iOS,
    go to some where else.

    reopen photos. bam, it's there. (this pause state has an advantage)

    try webos.

    click photos, wait 5 sec, photos is up.
    close card, open photos again. wait another 4 sec.
    Close card = Closing the photo app. Try opening photos on iOS, then Close the photos app in iOS by double clicking the home button, hitting the minus icon, etc... Then open the photos app again. This is equivalent to closing the card in WebOS. BAM!!!
  11. #11  
    OP... if you are going to open this question on multiple forums... we'll just close this one. Please do not cross-post.

Posting Permissions