Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    All races look like a marathon if you're at the back of the pack.

A marathon has a definitive end.

How long the marathon can be run will be determined by shareholders, the consumer and of course corporations, because at the end of the day, products need to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Then why release when they did? Are corporations going to reevaluate six months from now when they've invested in other platforms? They've released a product that, yet again, banks on hope and potential.

It's great to see things like the movie store, Kindle, etc. begin to rollout but that's all consumer-related.

Will 3.0.2 be the big push that's needed for the enterprise? Or will that be 3.x?
    I suspect it will have little to do with the version, and more to do with enterprise tools. And no, you don't release the tools first. I understand your disappointment, like I said, it's been three weeks already.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Oh no, Apple's stock is up. Surely my HP devices are all going to quit working now. Oh woe is me, woe is me.
    No, not alluding to that. The reference is to your rallying cry comment, not how well HP will do. Like you mentioned earlier, iPad is at 60 something percent, a drop of 30 percent or so. People are buying other things besides iPad.

I want Touchpad in the Enterprise. Why not? I'm more leery of having to support Android.

I actually advised someone today to hold off on their tablet purchase, the choices presented to me was iPad and Touchpad. The user could get a sweet deal on the Touchpad, and I recommended it.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/21/2011 at 07:55 PM.
    It will worth nothing, but anyways... just for the record:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ss-device.html
    Newness Developments apps:

Well, I see that this thread has been turned into the obligatory Apple vs. HP (tastes great, less filling) argument...

<attempted thread cleaning>

Please stay on topic. The debate team needs to take their practice sessions outside.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 07/21/2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, I see that this thread has been turned into the obligatory Apple vs. HP (tastes great, less filling) argument...
    As always. Notice the "detractors" remain the same (four or so) people? :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The thread title has iPad, it's gonna attract unwanted attention. The words iPad/IOS/iPhone and Apple/Android should be banned from this section of the forum. Graciously there the forum allows other places to discuss those platforms.
    hey this thread only caught my attention because someone posted how it takes about 20 steps to email a map waypoint in ios and was just correcting him to save iusers from being destroyed by webos challenge games. guess i was baited in here?

Please stay on topic. The debate team needs to take their practice sessions outside.

Thanks.
    Last edited by donm527; 07/21/2011 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks.
    I'm sorry, but I got to ask. What should the topic be for a thread titled "iPad after the TouchPad"? Sorry you didn't like the discussion, but every post in this thread (whether based in reality or not) has been "on topic".
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    As always. Notice the "detractors" remain the same (four or so) people? :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Don't mistake detractors for “fact” debunkers. Notice how it always seems to be the same that derail a thread?

Any case, back to topic. Anyone have any answers/suggestions for my enterprise questions listed above?
    8 pages of posts pretty much about nothing. The OP misses the Touchpad. iPad users have once again invaded a forum about the Touchpad. Same as the last 21 days. Probably upset by the fact that someone doesn't completely like their device. OMG, freedom of choice has run amok in the tablet world and it has to be stopped!

This is not a personal attack against anyone in particular but 8 pages of this nonsense is just juvenille. You haven't changed anyone's opinion about your device or theirs.

If it makes everyone happy I saw an actual non-biased comparison on the Touchpad, iPad, and Galaxy Tab 10.1 today. I believe that the reviewer did a great job of showing the strengths and weaknesses of each device. His conclusion (paraphrased): The iPad is good for users new to tablets and want to get their feet wet, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is for users who like cutting edge, and the Touchpad is for users who like to get work done. I totally agree with him. I also liked his take on the rear cameras. He said he mentioned them because he had to but both of them (Galaxy Tab and iPad rear cameras) sucked and you were better off taking pictures with your smart phone (or a real camera). So true! Put a smile on my face.

&#x202a;unboxtherapy's Channel&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

Please everyone just grow up and accept the choices that you made when you spent your $$. You chose your particular tablet for a reason. Be happy with that reason. Spend time playing with your tablet, getting work done, and/or sharing your experience in the appropriate forums with like minded individuals and please let other people be.
    cobrakon and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    the Openssh on preware is a linux app that requires an attached computer. I need a ssh client app that runs in webOS.
    Wait a second. You can't install and run terminal on the Touchpad? I use terminal + ssh on the Pixi.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I'm sorry, but I got to ask. What should the topic be for a thread titled "iPad after the TouchPad"? Sorry you didn't like the discussion, but every post in this thread (whether based in reality or not) has been "on topic".
    Well, that would be true if the OP had mentioned anything about Apple's stock price, why Android is/isn't outselling iPhones, or why tablet buyers choose for different reasons than when buying phones...

But the OP wrote about the differences in the user experience in moving between the iPad and TouchPad... with no mention of stock price or discussions about the marital status of another member's parents.
    Don't mistake detractors for “fact” debunkers. Notice how it always seems to be the same that derail a thread?
    Yes, I have noticed...
    If anyone has questions about staying on topic, feel free to send a PM.

Any case, back to topic. Anyone have any answers/suggestions for my enterprise questions listed above?
    I've tried to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    It will worth nothing, but anyways... just for the record:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ss-device.html

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I've tried to do it...
    If you keep linking to your own post and no one is biting, that should be a hint.

I read the thread when you originally posted it, so I'll bite.

What did you mean by this: "It can handle webOS versions of corporate software,"?

Thanks
    And why use a jailbroken iPad when comparing security?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    If you keep linking to your own post and no one is biting, that should be a hint.

I read the thread when you originally posted it, so I'll bite.

What did you mean by this: "It can handle webOS versions of corporate software,"?

Thanks
    Well, then the iPad slimmer form-factor must be the only differentiating factor and the only thing enterprise cares about. What kind of stuff it's supposed to be an advantadge then? Games?

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    And why use a jailbroken iPad when comparing security?
    Because, life ironies, a Jailbroken iPad (if patch is installed) is supposed to be more secure than a stock iPad.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast