1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take cqre,

Jay

Amazon Tablet Seen Aiming to Widen E-Commerce Lead

By REUTERS

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc will launch a tablet computer this year to extend its position as the world's largest Internet retailer, expand in mobile commerce and sell more digital goods, according to analysts and investors.

Amazon plans to introduce a tablet with a 9-inch screen before October that will run on Google's Android operating system, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter. An Amazon spokeswoman did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    "Apple offers content to drive sales of its gadgets, while Amazon wants a tablet to get customers to buy more of its other products."

Someone missed how much Apple actually makes from pushing its 'other products' by locking down its gadgets...
    Its one of the things I like about the HP/Palm phones... I just want a phone and not a marketing experience. But I'm afraid that HP will soon be adopting the same philosophy.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Apparently nook color is doing better than Kindle, hence the Amazon tablet.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    android is so over done
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    android is so over done
    hi all,

how true!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group