1.    #1  
    Have you played with the samsung 10.1?

Got my first chance to play with a touchpad today as well as the 10.1 (only 20-30 at store with both) and I think touchpad a solid Device. Then compared to the 10.1. If I didn't have a ipad2... The 10.1 would be a consideration.

10.1 is super thin and lite and for me very comfortable to hold. Don't care what people say... Lighter the better. Flash ran great for me and it ran great on touchpad for me too.

The 10.1 screen was great. Super clear and sharp. The hp screen reminded me of iPad because of resolution but for me not as crisp and noticeable when you try to pinch to zoom. Also I see what people say about clarity when scrolling/reading pages... Annoying.

I'm not a big android fan but did like the gui. Webos is a visual stunner.

The cameras on the 10.1 were so nice... So much better than my ipad2. I have to say it's really stupid touchpad didn't include a camera app even if it is only front camera... At a best buy or any store people wanna test it and they love playing around taking pics of themselves... But you open the photo album in touchpad and you see... No pics... Lame.

I think the touchpad is nice but clearly the hardware is behind... It's not 'too' thick. Just cleary thicker. They clearly were targeting ipad1 and while they took too long to market was completely blown out of the water when the ipad2 specs came out. Everyone was but most compensated... Not touchpad and they are stuck with a ipad1 competitor. Samsung was right and smart to adjust ASAP.

When i look at the touchpad... Looks like my 3gs-supersized. At worst it looks like last years hp digital photo frame.?The back of the touchpad is super slippery. Scary slippery. The back on samsung was better.

Webos... Not as fast and smooth as others but really nice. They need 2nd gen body ASAP. And hi-res screen... And cameras and hdmi out... After seeing 10.1 screen... Apple will definitely have to go with hi-res screen.
    Last edited by donm527; 07/11/2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I picked up the galaxy 10.1 and I'm super impressed with it. Like you said, when it comes to tablets lighter and thinner is better...much better. Why HP made a thicker device when everything is going in the opposite direction is beyond me. I thought the Xoom was too heavy when it came out. Maybe this shake up at the top will change the direction of future devices.
    yes. very impressive hardware. Thin. Light. Feels solid. I generally liked the device. But Android on a tablet is currently too cluttered for my tastes. I hate widgets. And it felt more like a desktop OS on a tablet. With all the confusing arrows on the lower left and the widgets cluttering the desktop just like icons clutter my home computer desktop. I'm a minimalist design wise so seeing that annoys me. All that being said, I'm not interested in buying a tablet but were i in the market the 10.1 would be my clear number two choice. But honestly, it would be a very distant number two.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    yes. very impressive hardware. Thin. Light. Feels solid. I generally liked the device. But Android on a tablet is currently too cluttered for my tastes. I hate widgets. And it felt more like a desktop OS on a tablet. With all the confusing arrows on the lower left and the widgets cluttering the desktop just like icons clutter my home computer desktop. I'm a minimalist design wise so seeing that annoys me. All that being said, I'm not interested in buying a tablet but were i in the market the 10.1 would be my clear number two choice. But honestly, it would be a very distant number two.
    I see Windows 8 isn't going to work for you then.
    i don't like wp7's interface much so i doubt it. it's ok looking. i prefer icons though to the text and colored tiles. When i first saw windows 8 for a desktop immediately said, "Good God how do you cut it off?" Interestingly after a decade away from macs i'm considering buying a mac laptop. But nothing has been decided.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.