Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    The sad part is that HP hasn't even released any TTS devices. Sure the TP is capable of it, but it takes 2 to tango! It amazes me that the Veer hasn't received this update yet.
    it seems to me that an app or homebrew could mimic most of what apple is trying to do here right now with the touchpad.
    an example would be that you if had your pre connected to your touchpad through bluetooth. through a patch or an app you could get them to transfer whatever from anykind of gesture or motion you wanted
    i have a vision in my head of having me and my freinds with webos devises playing yahtzee on the touchpad. the phones being the cups and the touchpad displaying the dice. you shake your phone and tilt and it dumps the dice on the touchpad. so it seems if i just made a display about this idea and put my stamp on it and said i had been working on it for 5 years i would be sooo innovative. yet i havent and i would not even know how to do it :0)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, not even the physical (physics) metaphor is original:

(watch the guy "cracking the bubbly")

If Apple's been working on it for 18 months, and HP has theirs out now; how does that make Apple more innovative?
    Apple does not need to always be innovative, they just have to be successful.
    The bottom line is the dollar dollar bill. They make a lot of that.
    If they implement this functionality, in the public's eye, they will have invented it. Only the people here and tech blogs will know different.
    Then Google will put their spin on it. It will be Apple vs Google's TTS implementation. Game over.

(Unless HP starts putting this "scale" to use and starts doing something with TTS.)

Apple is another slow moving company when it comes to certain things, MMS and Copy/Paste for example. Don't hold your breath over TTS. They should have been had it with iphone/ipad.

Question: Which was the first modern day handset to have Pinch to Zoom?
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07/09/2011 at 02:48 PM.
    vza33 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    now APPLE is ripping me off

those physical and jesture based touch to share ideas are for hp, I never gave apple any license to take my ideas.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...new-ideas.html
    Did you file a patent? Or did HP?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think it's pretty funny for someone to talk about something that HP is already doing that Apple is talking about copying, and talk down about HP's lack of innovation.

Again, Apple copying something is "innovative"?!?
    Already doing? I don't know of a single consumer that's capable of doing this today (unless you're a reviewer with a Pre 3).

You could say Apple was doing this long before webOS’ touch-to-share feature by way of its push infrastructure (apps like PasteBot, Handoff, Bump, etc.).
    Last edited by barkerja; 07/11/2011 at 10:31 PM.
    vza33 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12