1.    #1  
    Twitter

Trending today on twitter...

Who is TabCo?

HP? Someone else?

FYI, their twitter says something about stay tuned in the "coming weeks" in nearly every tweet.
    Hmm interesting.

One of their tweet says they are a privately held company with great investors.

I think its going to be a Android tablet
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    MeeGo?
    Quote Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
    Not so sure about that. They say they're a Tablet Company and they show an actual new device in their latest video (only from the back).
    Yeah, probably yet another Android OEM. Just what the world doesn't have enough of.
    could it be the marketing for the 7 inch webOS tablet - Topaz ?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I believe Topaz was the code name for the Touchpad, 7" webOS is coded Opal I believe.
    The tablet shown in their "Lemmings" ad appears to be a smaller tablet, possibly a 7 incher.

‪Lemmings‬‏ - YouTube
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The folks over at the Maemo forums as well as other sites I've read thinks it is a Meego tablet
    Its not a 7 inch tablet as per their website..
    Your Questions: Answered | Who is TabCo?
    * Question #16: Is it Rubik’s Cube interface style?
    * Answer #16: There will be elements of the interface that might remind you of a Rubik’s Cube.
    I'm guessing an android based tab with a custom compiz cube style interface...
    I guess we'll know on August 15.

<<thread moved>>
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    The tablet shown in their "Lemmings" ad appears to be a smaller tablet, possibly a 7 incher.
    That ad surprises me. The first half is virtually identical to the Apple add that failed miserably during the 80's . That ad failed because people really don't like being told "you're a lemming. Stop following others and follow us".

In addition, in the new ad, the guy just seemed creepy. Almost like he was a cult leader, inviting to leave your church and come join his cult.
    I have to say, they've got my attention. I like it when a company comes from out of nowhere with brass stones and says "we've got something different, and we're gonna throw it at you."

It almost never works, but I admire the brazen attitude. I agree that this is an approach Palm should have taken in '09 (with better dialogue and pacing in the videos).

Here's hoping it's not another JooJoo.