Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree4Likes
  1. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #1  
    Right now Android Tablet are not doing well, but all the analyst think that Android Tablet will start succeeding the same way as Android phone did.

    Most of the analyst think Honeycomb is Android Tablet OS version 1.0 and Ice Cream Sandwich will be Version 2.0. Just like in the mobile market where Android 1.0 was horrible but by the time 2.0 released people started noticing it.

    I completely disagree on the above point, let me explain how, Android Mobile start succeeding not due to the software being great, but due no true competitor to Apple iOS.

    Mobile operators had to sell something, which could reasonably compete with iOS, and Android was at the right place at the right time. RIM was faltering, PalmOS was dead, Microsoft saw the writing on the wall and started working on Windows Phone 7, so in reality there was no competition to iOS and Android being Google project everyone got excited.

    Coming back to the main point, Google Android succeeded due to the Mobile operator promoting Android devices, but in the case of Android Tablet most people buy Tablet by paying the whole cost upfront.
    And right now there is no option of upgrading your tablet after 2 years.
    Consumer right now don't want to part away a large amount of money for a half baked product.

    Overall HP Touchpad has a good chance of being the number 2 Tablet manufacture, but this depend on the assumption that there is a tablet market in the first place not a iPad market.
    Unlocked Pre 2 from UK Ebay.
  2. #2  
    Following your logic, wouldn't the TouchPad be as much of a "half-baked product" that you have to "spend a lot of money on with no subsidized upgrade path?
  3. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Following your logic, wouldn't the TouchPad be as much of a "half-baked product" that you have to "spend a lot of money on with no subsidized upgrade path?
    Yeah, Touchpad could be a total loss but I think Touchpad will grow because as it UI is much prettier and the device is more easier to use than Android.

    I have doubts is there a tablet market in the first place or people only want iPad.
    If there is a tablet market then only easy to use device will rule the market, so Touchpad still has a better future than Android tablets.
    Unlocked Pre 2 from UK Ebay.
  4. susanoo26's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Touchpad will grow because as it UI is much prettier and the device is more easier to use than Android.

    I have doubts is there a tablet market in the first place or people only want iPad.
    If there is a tablet market then only easy to use device will rule the market, so Touchpad still has a better future than Android tablets.
    I wonder if you truly believe this logic, or you are just kidding.

    1. The tablet market has been established and its here to stay. See iPad sales.

    2. Google has an ecosystem (similar but not as strong as Apple's) that people have already bought into. See Android sales.

    3. "Touchpad will grow because as it UI is much prettier and the device is more easier to use than Android" Many reviewers think the Playbook has outdone the Touchpad at its own game when it comes to "prettier" and ease of use. "Prettier" UIs don't necessarily equal sales. See Touchpad sales.
  5. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #5  
    The mistake webOS fans are making, is that HP is moving forward in the tablet market, yet the competitors are simply staying put and not improving thier products.

    Today, somewhere deep in the caverns of Apple R&D, engineers are working on "something else", product "xyz", that will blow away the consumer. Completely different from the tablet. Something that no one else even thought about. And when it happens everyone will be amazed they didn't think of it.

    Leaders in the technology business aren't successful because they let their competitors catch up to them. They are successful because they continually produce new and exciting products that make our lives easier.

    Im not knocking the OP. Im actually reading alot of this lately on this site, in which you are entitled to. But you webOS fans are coming close to crossing the Rubicon. Don't become the webOS version of Apple phanboys.

    Just enjoy the TP. You don't have to justify why you bought it.
    StuckwVerizon likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    1. The tablet market has been established and its here to stay. See iPad sales.
    disagree here

    just because apple does it doesnt mean its a market thats here to stay.

    apple could create a dog turd with an apple on it and 20% of the people (apple nuts) would go buy it. that doesnt mean theres a market for dog turds.

    theres a market for smart tv's....but you see where apple tv and google tv got....nowhere.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    The mistake webOS fans are making, is that HP is moving forward in the tablet market, yet the competitors are simply staying put and not improving thier products.

    Today, somewhere deep in the caverns of Apple R&D, engineers are working on "something else", product "xyz", that will blow away the consumer. Completely different from the tablet. Something that no one else even thought about. And when it happens everyone will be amazed they didn't think of it.

    Leaders in the technology business aren't successful because they let their competitors catch up to them. They are successful because they continually produce new and exciting products that make our lives easier.
    I completely disagree.

    Apple is only good at recreating OTHER's products and services and steve jobs is such a great salesman he sells it to the 20% of people who just have to buy whatever apple makes.

    Before iphone...there were smartphones
    Before ipod...there were personal, portable music devices
    Before ipad...there were tablets

    None of those items before apple did it were of any major frenzy. Why, because the 80% of people who dont buy apple products didnt care about those products.

    Apple threw out an app to turn the volume button into a camera button citing "multiple operations out of a single button will confuse users"...then included it in one of their updates like it was their idea.

    Apple is like bose....great marketing and sales company...but truly doesnt do anything amazing.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Rnp likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post

    apple could create a dog turd with an apple on it and 20% of the people (apple nuts) would go buy it. that doesnt mean theres a market for dog turds.

    theres a market for smart tv's....but you see where apple tv and google tv got....nowhere.


    am I the only one seeing the obvious disconnect with these two statements?

    Just thought I should point it out....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    am I the only one seeing the obvious disconnect with these two statements?

    Just thought I should point it out....
    there was an intended disconnect

    1) just because its a market for apple doesnt make it a market for all manufacturers

    2) just because its a market doesnt mean apple and other manufacturers make it a successful market
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  10. #10  
    That doesn't make sense.

    Either: Apple fans buy everything -- blindly -- that Apple puts out.

    Or they don't, meaning people buy what they like.

    You don't get it both ways.

    I assume Apple TVs relative lack of success has todo with that product's limitations, just like the iPhone's success (and iPads, and iPods) had to do with a unique implementation of those products.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    That doesn't make sense.

    Either: Apple fans buy everything -- blindly -- that Apple puts out.

    Or they don't, meaning people buy what they like.

    You don't get it both ways.

    I assume Apple TVs relative lack of success has todo with that product's limitations, just like the iPhone's success (and iPads, and iPods) had to do with a unique implementation of those products.
    then you misunderstood what I wrote.

    I see apple tv's all the time. People have them and dont even know what they do. They just have them cuz they have the half bitten apple on the top. Most people that have apple tv's use it as an airplay device lol. They think its "itunes for the TV"
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  12. #12  
    Most people have tech in their home they don't know how to fully use. What's your point?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Most people have tech in their home they don't know how to fully use. What's your point?
    let me reword it a 3rd time for you

    smart tv's is a market

    apple made the apple tv for this market....apple nuts BOUGHT THE APPLE TV.

    Did that make it a successful market for them? No.

    Did that make it a successful market for google tv? No.

    Is it still a market and one that will eventually be huge? Yes.

    Again,

    1) just because its a market for apple doesnt make it a market for all manufacturers

    2) just because its a market doesnt mean apple and other manufacturers make it a successful market

    Success is not about getting apple people to buy apple products. We're talking about the fact that most believe if apple sells a lot of devices to apple users that its a market for the masses (to the point other manufacturers try to start getting in on it).

    Another great example...

    Netbooks.

    Huge market? Yup. Been great for Asus EEE and other manufacturers. To the point its cut into laptop sales significantly.

    So wheres the apple netbook? Nowhere.

    Point being, dont assume because two companies are in similar industries that their markets overlap.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  14. #14  
    LOL. You win.

    You make total sense!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    LOL. You win.

    You make total sense!
    i hate when you cant tell if its sarcasm or not
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  16. #16  
    Let's bring this tangent of the thread to it's natural conclusion.

    Roku beats Apple/Google TV.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Let's bring this tangent of the thread to it's natural conclusion.

    Roku beats Apple/Google TV.
    roku doesnt do much different from what a good bluray player will do

    no one has done a truly smart tv yet (google tv is the best attempt to date). webos with a kinect type touch interface (asus just developed one) would be pretty sick
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  18. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    I completely disagree.

    Apple is only good at recreating OTHER's products and services and steve jobs is such a great salesman he sells it to the 20% of people who just have to buy whatever apple makes.

    Before iphone...there were smartphones
    Before ipod...there were personal, portable music devices
    Before ipad...there were tablets

    None of those items before apple did it were of any major frenzy. Why, because the 80% of people who dont buy apple products didnt care about those products.

    Apple threw out an app to turn the volume button into a camera button citing "multiple operations out of a single button will confuse users"...then included it in one of their updates like it was their idea.

    Apple is like bose....great marketing and sales company...but truly doesnt do anything amazing.
    I completely disagree with you. $66 Billion in revenue...they've done something amazing.

    Don't be so blind. Apple and Google have something going on right now. Will it sustain? No one knows. Seperate you're emotional investment in webOS to see HP has an uphill battle.

    I like webOS. I don't own anything yet. But I represent a potential market.

    Making unfounded proclamations about Android or Apple or RIM or the 1,000 other manufacturers is silly. Today's consumer is smarter than you think...
    sinsin07 likes this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    I completely disagree with you. $66 Billion in revenue...they've done something amazing.

    Don't be so blind. Apple and Google have something going on right now. Will it sustain? No one knows. Seperate you're emotional investment in webOS to see HP has an uphill battle.

    I like webOS. I don't own anything yet. But I represent a potential market.

    Making unfounded proclamations about Android or Apple or RIM or the 1,000 other manufacturers is silly. Today's consumer is smarter than you think...
    Im a business major. my comments have nothing to do with webos.

    my comments are about markets and how much of the market someone has captured. apple continually captures about 20% of a market. theres a reason for that.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  20. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Im a business major. my comments have nothing to do with webos.

    my comments are about markets and how much of the market someone has captured. apple continually captures about 20% of a market. theres a reason for that.
    Im a School of Hard Knocks major.

    Textbook theories are different than real life experiences. The business model in 2011 is unlike anything ever seen in business to date.

    We'll just agree to disagree.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions