Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    If you believe the same Taiwanese junk news reports, then HP is going to ship 3 million TouchPad for the year.
    HP reportedly launching 7-inch tablet | Digital Media - CNET News
    I'll leave Taiwanese junk news to the experts.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    So RIM shipping 2-3 million Playbook for the year is a total disaster, but HP is going to ship 3 million TouchPad --- is not?
    In regard to whether RIM shipping 2-3 millions is a disaster, I think that question is best asked of RIM. What does their stock reflect? Certainly looks like a disaster.
    Not clear why you keep linking RIMs failure to HP. Two different OS models, two different set of clientele (for now). Touchpad d/n bring the baggage of the Playbook, it does needs not crutches, namely a Blackberry.
    Why would a consumer, who does not own a BB be inclined to purchase a $500 Playbook over another tablet device? It does less. RIM marketplace is not compelling. A $500 device to play Angrybirds? $500 device to browse the web, play movies? No, webos does not have a full featured app store, but you can use the darn thing out the box without a secondary device bandaid.
    In regard to shipments, it sales that matter. Let's see how it plays out.

    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    And that 3 million TouchPad figure --- is the total for both 7 inch and 10 inch TouchPad.
    So what?
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/29/2011 at 02:40 PM.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Even RIM is releasing a top of the line smartphone when the hell will HP release a keyboard less 3.7inch to 4.3inch phone.
    When they get around to targeting the "spec centric" demo. Or maybe Samsung will do it for them.
  3. #23  
    <<threads merged>>
  4. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I'll leave Taiwanese junk news to the experts.

    In regard to whether RIM shipping 2-3 millions is a disaster, I think that question is best asked of RIM. What does their stock reflect? Certainly looks like a disaster.
    Not clear why you keep linking RIMs failure to HP. Two different OS models, two different set of clientele (for now). Touchpad d/n bring the baggage of the Playbook, it does needs not crutches, namely a Blackberry.
    Why would a consumer, who does not own a BB be inclined to purchase a $500 Playbook over another tablet device? It does less. RIM marketplace is not compelling. A $500 device to play Angrybirds? $500 device to browse the web, play movies? No, webos does not have a full featured app store, but you can use the darn thing out the box without a secondary device bandaid.
    In regard to shipments, it sales that matter. Let's see how it plays out.

    So what?
    It is the same Taiwanese junk news reports that are saying that RIM is cutting their internal sales target by half.

    RIM stock drop because of blackberry handset sales, not because of Playbook. And RIM stock continues to drop because there is a product void for new generation of blackberry handsets. Really nothing to do with the Playbook.

    With respect to crutches --- well, if the Playbook sells the same amount of tablets as the Xoom (which doesn't have crutches) or the same amount of TouchPad (which doesn't have crutches), then that argument doesn't work at all.

    HP stock drop by 20% in the last 52 weeks vs. IBM stock going up by 36% in the last 52 weeks. That's the big question for HP --- why are they selling low margin PC's? Copying IBM is easy. Copying Apple is hard.

    Somehow trashing RIM makes you feel better. For me, the same bloggers that trashed the Playbook will trash the TouchPad. It takes 76 seconds to boot up the TouchPad --- DOA. It has 300 apps --- DOA.... That's the reality of these blogger-led environment.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    doesnt sound like a superphone, may a top of the line smartphone but not definitely superphone.
    Thats for sure, considering the Pre 3 will have a 1.4Ghz CPU which would already be 200Mhz faster.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    It is the same Taiwanese junk news reports that are saying that RIM is cutting their internal sales target by half.
    Like I said, I'll defer to the experts on Taiwanese junk. I have no way to prove or disprove the validity of their reports. If you do please post a link. Otherwise don't mind me if I just fan away the smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    RIM stock drop because of blackberry handset sales, not because of Playbook. And RIM stock continues to drop because there is a product void for new generation of blackberry handsets. Really nothing to do with the Playbook.
    Stock drops ususally have a variety of factors, what you named is one, the Taiwanese another and this:
    AllThingD April 14: "That sentiment–that PlayBook is halfbaked in its current form–was echoed by a number of other reviewers, and it played hell with RIM’s stock. The company’s share price slipped nearly four percent Thursday afternoon and will likely slip further tomorrow if the analyst reports I’m seeing today are any indication. This one, from Sterne Agee, is a good example"

    In the above example, it does not matter the source, the point is the stock dropped that day due to bad reviews of the Playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    With respect to crutches --- well, if the Playbook sells the same amount of tablets as the Xoom (which doesn't have crutches) or the same amount of TouchPad (which doesn't have crutches), then that argument doesn't work at all.
    The key word in the above is highlighted in red. A lot of day dreaming. At this point it's anyone's guess how well the Touchpad will do. We all ready know what not to shoot for.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    HP stock drop by 20% in the last 52 weeks vs. IBM stock going up by 36% in the last 52 weeks. That's the big question for HP --- why are they selling low margin PC's? Copying IBM is easy. Copying Apple is hard.
    Non sequitur. Once again looping in unrelated topics. We are talking about RIM's failure, not IBM's success or copying Apple. Let's stick to RIM's failure, infinetly more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Somehow trashing RIM makes you feel better.
    Michale Corleone: "It's not personal, Sonny. It's just a forum"
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    For me, the same bloggers that trashed the Playbook will trash the TouchPad. It takes 76 seconds to boot up the TouchPad --- DOA. It has 300 apps --- DOA.... That's the reality of these blogger-led environment.
    Once again key words highlighted in red. I do agree there will be Touchpad trashing. DOA? I'll let it play out. If I had that kind of foresight I would not be posting here, I'd be to rich to care.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/29/2011 at 08:10 PM.
  7. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Like I said, I'll defer to the experts on Taiwanese junk. I have no way to prove or disprove the validity of their reports. If you do please post a link. Otherwise don't mind me if I just fan away the smoke.
    Since there is no way to prove or disprove the validity of their reports --- then you have to treat them as equals. Either 2-3 million units is okey or is a disaster. What you can't do is calling that a disaster for RIM and calling that okey for HP.

    Stock drops ususally have a variety of factors, what you named is one, the Taiwanese another and this:
    AllThingD April 14: "That sentiment–that PlayBook is halfbaked in its current form–was echoed by a number of other reviewers, and it played hell with RIM’s stock. The company’s share price slipped nearly four percent Thursday afternoon and will likely slip further tomorrow if the analyst reports I’m seeing today are any indication. This one, from Sterne Agee, is a good example"

    In the above example, it does not matter the source, the point is the stock dropped that day due to bad reviews of the Playbook.
    It went from $55 down to $54 on that day. It actually went up to about $57 at the end of April.

    The key word in the above is highlighted in red. A lot of day dreaming. At this point it's anyone's guess how well the Touchpad will do. We all ready know what not to shoot for.
    It doesn't take a lot of day dreaming --- all the other non-ipad tablet sales sucked big time. The TouchPad is getting trashed by the reviewers today, much like every other non-ipad tablet.

    Non sequitur. Once again looping in unrelated topics. We are talking about RIM's failure, not IBM's success or copying Apple. Let's stick to RIM's failure, infinetly more fun.
    It has everything to do with WebOS. Cisco killed off Flip --- even though the Flip division is profitable. Palm can be totally profitable, yet be killed by HP.

    Michale Corleone: "It's not personal, Sonny. It's just a forum"

    Once again key words highlighted in red. I do agree there will be Touchpad trashing. DOA? I'll let it play out. If I had that kind of foresight I would not be posting here, I'd be to rich to care.
    It is just a forum and I do provide quite impartial comments. All the "huge" fights that I get involved with --- are always started by other people who don't have a clue on what they are saying. And I ain't even providing any kind of foresight. All these huge fights started off with me answering a really simple question.

    It's not personal. X million units is either okey or a disaster --- you just have to be consistent with your argument. You can't argue that x million unit for RIM is a disaster and the same x million unit for HP is okey.
  8. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Since there is no way to prove or disprove the validity of their reports --- then you have to treat them as equals. Either 2-3 million units is okey or is a disaster. What you can't do is calling that a disaster for RIM and calling that okey for HP.



    It went from $55 down to $54 on that day. It actually went up to about $57 at the end of April.



    It doesn't take a lot of day dreaming --- all the other non-ipad tablet sales sucked big time. The TouchPad is getting trashed by the reviewers today, much like every other non-ipad tablet.



    It has everything to do with WebOS. Cisco killed off Flip --- even though the Flip division is profitable. Palm can be totally profitable, yet be killed by HP.



    It is just a forum and I do provide quite impartial comments. All the "huge" fights that I get involved with --- are always started by other people who don't have a clue on what they are saying. And I ain't even providing any kind of foresight. All these huge fights started off with me answering a really simple question.

    It's not personal. X million units is either okey or a disaster --- you just have to be consistent with your argument. You can't argue that x million unit for RIM is a disaster and the same x million unit for HP is okey.
    Samab get your facts right RIM is going to ship only 900k device the whole year and not 2-3 millions, sales of Playbook are so bad that no one wants to buy it. Playbook is a awful device.
    RIM cuts internal PlayBook sales estimates by more than half - Mobile

    Playbook review were horrible and most of the reviewers recommended not to buy this piece of garbage.

    Samab before HP kills WebOS, RIM will probably die a horrible death,already RIM stocks are below $30 and by the next quarter it will be below $15 and some of the other big company will buy them.

    Mostly google will buy RIM get the patent and throw RIM in the dustbin.
    Last edited by KAPS; 06/30/2011 at 01:10 AM.
  9. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #29  
    Btw RIM death has already started with Apple bring iMessenger to compete with BBM. Mostly next iPhone will also have an led indicator for new mails and within the next year iPhone will have all the important features of RIM incorporated in software.

    QNX is a copy of WebOS and whenever they release a new phone,nobody is going to buy it as it would not have apps and it will plain suck.
    End of RIM is near.
    Btw don't forget HP is five times as big a company as RIM is right now.:P
    Last edited by KAPS; 06/30/2011 at 01:09 AM.
  10. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Samab get your facts right RIM is going to ship only 900k device the whole year and not 2-3 millions, sales of Playbook are so bad that no one wants to buy it. Playbook is a awful device.
    RIM cuts internal PlayBook sales estimates by more than half - Mobile

    Playbook review were horrible and most of the reviewers recommended not to buy this piece of garbage.

    Samab before HP kills WebOS, RIM will probably die a horrible death,already RIM stocks are below $30 and by the next quarter it will be below $15 and some of the other big company will buy them.

    Mostly google will buy RIM get the patent and throw RIM in the dustbin.
    Get your facts straight --- cut to 900K for the SECOND QUARTER. So it's 500K for the May quarter. 900K for the August quarter. And then running up to the November holiday quarter --- that's going to be more than 900K. Add them all up together --- that's 2.5 million units. When you argue with me, you make yourself look bad.

    Have you seen the TouchPad reviews --- it's on par with the Playbook reviews.

    The FLIP lesson is that HP can kill Palm even if Palm is profitable.
  11. #31  
    Remember...there is no Palm, there is no Palm...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Since there is no way to prove or disprove the validity of their reports --- then you have to treat them as equals. Either 2-3 million units is okey or is a disaster. What you can't do is calling that a disaster for RIM and calling that okey for HP.
    Read. I referenced their stock price, not shipments: What does their stock reflect? Certainly looks like a disaster. And it is. The two CEOs used to be billionaires. Now that are just millionaires.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    It went from $55 down to $54 on that day. It actually went up to about $57 at the end of April.
    Stop evading. You claimed: RIM stock drop because of blackberry handset sales, not the Playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    It has everything to do with WebOS. Cisco killed off Flip --- even though the Flip division is profitable. Palm can be totally profitable, yet be killed by HP.
    Oh boy, here we go. Now it's Cisco.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    It is just a forum and I do provide quite impartial comments. All the "huge" fights that I get involved with --- are always started by other people who don't have a clue on what they are saying. And I ain't even providing any kind of foresight. All these huge fights started off with me answering a really simple question.
    The problem with the above is highlighted in red. Their's your clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    It's not personal. X million units is either okey or a disaster --- you just have to be consistent with your argument. You can't argue that x million unit for RIM is a disaster and the same x million unit for HP is okey.
    RIM is a a disaster right now. You can try and link their failures and make some parallels to HP, Cisco, IBM or whomever, but that is all you can do, try. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/30/2011 at 03:11 AM.
    KAPS likes this.
  13. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Get your facts straight --- cut to 900K for the SECOND QUARTER. So it's 500K for the May quarter. 900K for the August quarter. And then running up to the November holiday quarter --- that's going to be more than 900K. Add them all up together --- that's 2.5 million units. When you argue with me, you make yourself look bad.

    Have you seen the TouchPad reviews --- it's on par with the Playbook reviews.

    The FLIP lesson is that HP can kill Palm even if Palm is profitable.
    Yours mathematics is great 500k+900k+1.1million=2.5 million.
    You think that 1.1million playbook will be shipped in the 3rd quarter, even RIM CEO will not predict such a good sales of Playbook but you will.

    All the ******* have already purchased Playbook and new users will start purchasing HP 7inch tablet(Releasing in September) instead of piece of **** device Playbook.

    I told you we will speak after June 16th report and I was right RIM is sinking. I told you the reports of RIM were bad and its sales in emerging market will decrease in 6months that a foregone conclusion.
    Android is going to take over the lower and mid segment mobile market and RIM will become bankrupt quite soon.
    Dont forget Emerging market are price conscious people and they don't buy large amount of high end good that the reason RIM profits declined even though sales increased.
    Wall street is right RIM is going to die in Hell.
    Last edited by KAPS; 06/30/2011 at 03:31 AM.
  14. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    The problem with the above is highlighted in red. Their's your clue.

    .
    The line of the day.
    Unlocked Pre 2 from UK Ebay.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    The line of the day.
    Thanks KAPS.

    One other thing, no one here is trashing RIM. RIM trashed RIM, with their poor stale phone devices, lack of vision, lack of response to the market, poor 2011 reports, and half baked tablet. We're just commenting on the train wreck. The stock was at 57 end of April? Where is it now? That's a train wreck.

    Lesson of the day: When all else fails blame it on the Taiwanese.

    "If you believe the same Taiwanese junk news reports, then HP is going to ship 3 million TouchPad for the year."

    "It is the same Taiwanese junk news reports that are saying that RIM is cutting their internal sales target by half."

    Too bad it's too long for a bumper sticker LOL.

    Maybe Balaille & Lazarids can use the Taiwanese as an excuse at their next quartly meeting.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/30/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    KAPS likes this.
  16. #36  
    Enjoy your RIM trashing guys. Meanwhile, the HP TouchPad is being trashed by almost all reviewers for HP's half baked tablet effort as the PlayBook was. HP should have just stuck with having webOS on printers and using Windows for tablets. HP should also forget about the mobile phone business completely...

    Both RIM and HPalm WebOS have gravestones waiting for them.



    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Thanks KAPS.

    One other thing, no one here is trashing RIM. RIM trashed RIM, with their poor stale phone devices, lack of vision, lack of response to the market, poor 2011 reports, and half baked tablet. We're just commenting on the train wreck. The stock was at 57 end of April? Where is it now? That's a train wreck.

    Interesting point of the thread: When all else fails blame it on the Taiwanese.
  17. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Enjoy your RIM trashing guys. Meanwhile, the HP TouchPad is being trashed by almost all reviewers for HP's half baked tablet effort as the PlayBook was. HP should have just stuck with having webOS on printers and using Windows for tablets. HP should also forget about the mobile phone business completely...

    Both RIM and HPalm WebOS have gravestones waiting for them.
    I don't get your point HP Touchpad is not thrashed by the reviewers, it has shortcomings, which we certainly knew about.
    Two major shortcomings are.
    1. Less number of Apps.
    2. No Video Out.

    But overall Everybody loved the OS and the hardware is pretty decent and most of the reviewers are giving an average 7/10 rating for HP Touchpad,which isn't bad for non iOS tablet.
    We all know it can't be the number 1 tablet but it can certainly be the number 2tablet.
    Unlocked Pre 2 from UK Ebay.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Enjoy your RIM trashing guys. Meanwhile, the HP TouchPad is being trashed by almost all reviewers for HP's half baked tablet effort as the PlayBook was. HP should have just stuck with having webOS on printers and using Windows for tablets. HP should also forget about the mobile phone business completely...

    Both RIM and HPalm WebOS have gravestones waiting for them.
    Like I said. I RIM trashed RIM.
    Question: Anybody here on this thread responsible for halving RIMs value by pulling out large chunks of investment dollars? Anyone here responsible for RIM's mediocre handset lineup? Anybody here responsible for the Playbook?

    Speak up please, there may be a couple of fellow posters who may want to have a word with you in private.

    RIM trashed RIM. The public is just circling.
  19. samab's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    Yours mathematics is great 500k+900k+1.1million=2.5 million.
    You think that 1.1million playbook will be shipped in the 3rd quarter, even RIM CEO will not predict such a good sales of Playbook but you will.
    I was being conservative, if I do a straight line calculation then it's even larger.

    500K (May quarter), 900K (August quarter), 900K (November quarter), prorate December to 300K (1/3 of a quarter) = 2.6 million Playbook.

    And I haven't even consider the effects of holiday shopping.
  20. KAPS's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
       #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    I was being conservative, if I do a straight line calculation then it's even larger.

    500K (May quarter), 900K (August quarter), 900K (November quarter), prorate December to 300K (1/3 of a quarter) = 2.6 million Playbook.

    And I haven't even consider the effects of holiday shopping.
    You forgot one big thing, RIM will again change their estimate due to competition and instead of 900k they would sell only 300k for august and 100k for February.

    I don't trust RIM words and btw RIM just said 500k devices were shipped no estimate on how many of them were purchased.
    RIM and their ******* will never learn.
    Unlocked Pre 2 from UK Ebay.
    sinsin07 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions