Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As to the opening post about why Android Tablets fail...It has nothing to do with Android. It is the same reason why products late to market fail all the time.

Every tablet is viewed as a "me-too" copy of the iPad. If you are late to market just as Kia, Toyota, and so many others were, there is a winning formula. Meet or beat every spec and blow away the price.

Six years ago, Asus began selling their own computers under their own name along side their US labels (Dell, HP, etc.) but for 20% less. And now they are selling the Asus Transformer for $399...20% less.

The Xoom had a better display, HDMI, microSD, and a list of other better specs than the iPad 2 but failed because it matched Apple's price. Now Samsung will fail as well even though it is thinner and lighter and the commercials are beginning to hit full-force.

If a mom comes into Best Buy saying her son wants an iPad for his birthday, the mom knows that they will never need to call tech support. Her son's friends will show him everything and get him all the apps he needs.

The only way that mom will consider another product is if it dramatically cheaper.

Asus just can't make enough Tranformers. If the Xoom or Tab 10.1 were $399, they would be sold out too.
    Articles like this really need to stop.

Seriously.

Critics take themselves way too seriously, and, more often than not, they really know so much less than what they would like the reader to think they do.

Just like the famed "Playbook failure" articles, this too, is a clueless rant by some wannabe internet "critic" looking to take a contrarian POV and get attention; expect the same from him and others about the WebOS TouchPad, soon, as well.

Android as an OS has great possibilities and is growing and maturing; its very early on in its life as a tablet OS.. you can bet your life that it will continue to mature and develop to be tablet friendly over time.. Google is that type of company.

I guess I should post a blog somewhere, too, boasting how every mobile OS out there is worthless unless it is released totally bugless, has 1 million of the greatest FREE apps, lightening quick and responsive, as thin as paper, strong as titanium, has a 100 hour battery life, works butter smooth, and is "competitively priced" at under $50.

NOT!

Last edited by LCGuy; 06/19/2011 at 06:54 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

milominderbinder, the Xoom failed because it did not deliver anything hot that was promised, at the price they wanted. It was too high, but the lack of promised features made this even worse than it should have been. If it had been a bit cheaper with the 4G radio and the microSD working, there would have been less gripes. Then Verizon botched it by trying to lock down wifi at first. Sure it may not have overtaken the iPad, but early adopters would have been less burned. Have you seen the articles that state Verizon may have a Xoom 2 ready soon with the 4G radio? I'd be soo ****ed if I had bought the Xoom 1 at full price and still no 4G radio. *** Motorola???

Samsung will fail a lot less than they did with the old Galaxy Tab, I'm betting. They may knock the price down eventually but I think that new tablet will sell better.

And have you read the Apple forums? Heck yes people need to call tech support!!! The iPad 2 sold very well, but it did have problems. If you meant to set up the iPad, there are still people who ask for help in the forums. Plenty of non-techies there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Articles like this really need to stop.

Seriously.

Critics take themselves way too seriously, and, more often than not, they really know so much less than what they would like the reader to think they do.

Just like the famed "Playbook failure" articles, this too, is a clueless rant by some wannabe internet "critic" looking to take a contrarian POV and get attention; expect the same from him and others about the WebOS TouchPad, soon, as well.

Android as an OS has great possibilities and is growing and maturing; its very early on in its life as a tablet OS.. you can bet your life that it will continue to mature and develop to be tablet friendly over time.. Google is that type of company.

I guess I should post a blog somewhere, too, boasting how every mobile OS out there is worthless unless it is released totally bugless, has 1 million of the greatest FREE apps, lightening quick and responsive, as thin as paper, strong as titanium, has a 100 hour battery life, works butter smooth, and is "competitively priced" at under $50.

NOT!

I'm not sure the PlayBook failure articles are completely off the mark. You can't get new people into your platform if only your "exclusive" BB users can fully use the PlayBook(unless on AT&T) Very shortsighted release. After BB users stop buying, then what?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12