1.    #1  
    From our sister site:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-inch/94336-amazon-pre-orders-going-out-today.html

Deliveries are June 17th.

This tablet has had a strange trip to market. A thicker and heavier Samsung Tab 10.1 was shown at MWC in February.

Apple showed the improved iPad 2 in March.

In April, Samsung showed dummy units of a record thin and light tablet.

And now here is the all-new thinner, lighter Samsung Tab 10.1 shipping in June.

There are only guesses as to how that is possible. Most likely this was to be the Tab 10.1 2 for the holidays.

The Samsung Tab 10.1 is higher definition, faster, thinner, lighter, HDMI, and has a 5x better rear camera in 1080p but at $499 has little hope against the iPad. Samsung beat every spec but one: price.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/17/2011 at 07:29 AM.

Looks very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The Samsung Tab 10.1 is higher definition, faster, thinner, lighter, HDMI, and has a 5x better rear camera in 1080p but at $499 has little hope against the iPad. Samsung beat every spec but one: price.
    It's the same price as the iPad 2. If it's the same price and better specs, than the Samsung Tab 10.1 beats the iPad 2.
  4.    #4  
    The Acer Iconia beats the iPad 2 in many specs as well but at $449 is doing so poorly that Acer cut projections by 60%.

The Asus Transformer has even better capabilities and is $399. Asus can't ramp up production fast enough.

When you are late to market you have to beat the specs and nail the price. Otherwise you are the Xoom.
    American Airlines bought these instead of the iPad. That's a good start.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    Fry's is featuring the Samsung Tab 10.1 and Tab 7 on the front page of their ads that went out Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    American Airlines bought these instead of the iPad. That's a good start.
    Yeah, but navigation is iPad LOL
    A lot of the tablets out right now have some specs better than the iPad2, but lack one major thing. Native apps. Apple has tons more native apps for the ipad, whereas the competition has next to none. I've tried running iphone apps on the ipad and it just plain sucks.
    I was at the Fry's in Manhattan Beach Califorinia yesterday and they have a working 10.1 on display. Best looking tablet i've seen after the ipad 2. it's thin just like it. The only problem is i'm still not a fan of that encarnation of android. It's just so busy, with icons all over the place and buttons on the bottom that are unclear what they are for at first glance. i'm sure i'd figure it out if i read the manual but i shouldn't have to really.

one thing i would say is these stores/tablet makers need to have display models loaded up with apps and access to the app store so you can actually see features. this 10.1 had no music, no email account, no movies loaded, couldn't access the app market, no contacts loaded. As a display it sucked. The tablet showcased nothing really. i've seen that before. HP should take note. Have a display model where people can actually see the apps they can download and music and movies etc. Most of the time when i see apple computers, ipods, or ipads displayed (best buy or apple store) they are loaded with third party software and music and songs to show off the devices. I think that's a good thing to do.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    It's the same price as the iPad 2. If it's the same price and better specs, than the Samsung Tab 10.1 beats the iPad 2.
    only for the very few consumers that even think about specs above all else.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    So, is it your contention that software doesn't play a role in these devices?
    All this arguing aside, I actually used this guy today. It is a VERY nice tablet. Light, comfortable in the hand. Really comes across as a solid device, despite its light weight. It's fast, it's pretty, and nice to hold. Much more enticing than any other current Android tablet, I think. I was tempted by it, not going to lie.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)